Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Today's Groupon Ad-Doughnuts! I'm dying here

cardbucfan
cardbucfan Posts: 10,534 Member
Little rant here-I understand this is a free site (and love it very much!) and understand that the ads that are shown are based on your profile. BUT, today's ad for Groupon shows a dozen glazed donuts!!!! They are my weakness and I'm dying here! I must leave the computer now before I go to Dunkin Donuts!

O.K., thanks, I feel a little better.

Replies

• sarahleelee
    sarahleelee Posts: 79 Member
    HOW RUDE.

lol.
  • LOL, I haven't seen that doughnut add. Anyway when it comes up, just tell your body that it didn't fancy doughnut before seeing that add and the craving will pass soon,
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Fire your internet explorer...

Hire Fire Fox and block ads...

I never see the ads.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    I am not tech savvy but think somehow your system recognizes what you type or read or search. If you start paying attention you'll see patterns. I left a comment on a 30DS thread a while back and for a couple weeks all my ads were Jillian Michaels. Sooo ... DON'T SAY D-O-N-U-T-S!:laugh:
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Unfortunately, the site has no control of which ads show up.
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Oh no...I didnt know that the pop-ups were that sophisticated. It's like being outed! I see donuts too....:cry:
  • If you also need an antivirus program, Kaspersky Internet Security comes with a really good banner-blocker. It has prevented me from seeing 717 banners in the last week alone.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    I saw that the first time and thought my computer was reading my mind. So I immediately grabbed my tin-foil hat to block the wave-lengths. Now for some reason I just get mental assistance ads.
  • jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    I saw that the first time and thought my computer was reading my mind. So I immediately grabbed my tin-foil hat to block the wave-lengths. Now for some reason I just get mental assistance ads.

LMAO! AWESOME
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195

smiley-laughing025.gif
  • i want to eat these.....

imgad.jpg
  • i want to eat these.....

imgad.jpg

lol i was just going to say that I get that ad all the time and I have no idea what they are. Some creepy easter cookie thing? I don't know but it is nearly impossible to work where i work without typing cookie, as we are having to tell our employees to clear theirs all the time. When we tell them to clear their cache we get a blank stare. :-)
  • :bigsmile: On another note, though... MFP... I might be willing to pay for added features and to be ad free. Just puttin' it out there.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    All i ever get is fitness equipment and T.V. shows i'll never watch
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    :bigsmile: On another note, though... MFP... I might be willing to pay for added features and to be ad free. Just puttin' it out there.

Ummm...no. I like free. It's in my budget!
  • :bigsmile: On another note, though... MFP... I might be willing to pay for added features and to be ad free. Just puttin' it out there.

Ummm...no. I like free. It's in my budget!

lol i wasn't suggesting it for everybody... just for those who do want to pay for it. And the added features would have to be WELLL worth paying for. I wouldn't pay for it just to get rid of ads. I can usually just ignore ads with no trouble. ;-)
  • It is funny that they would want to advertise milkshakes and donuts on a weight loss site, but maybe they think we are w-e-a k! We can pass this test guys!!
  • oh noooooooooes!

imgad-1.jpg
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,534 Member
    oh noooooooooes!

imgad-1.jpg

OMG-they got you too!!! (I really think my weakness is chocolate chip cookies-I have NO willpower when they are around!)
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    hmmm mine always shows sushi! :sick: Never seen a donut ad, sometimes (like just now) it just shows 70% off shopping deals with pictures of shoes, bags, clothes etc.