Time to refocus

Options
I've been using MFP for about 45 days. The first 30 went great and I lost about. 12 lbs. Since then I've stalled. I find myself going over my calorie limit more often than not and justify it by telling myself I'm still eating at or a little below maintenance. That's not good enough. I still need to lose 30 more pounds and the only way it will happen is if I stick with the plan and stay out of the fridge.. so here it goes! Next stop... under 200lbs

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    You may want to slow it down a bit and eat more. 12 pounds in 30 days is a hell of a lot of weight in a very short time span. No wonder that you're having commitment issues
  • bgoldham72
    bgoldham72 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That never occurred to me. I'll try less of a deficit for a while and see if it's easier to avoid the extra snacks.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Perfect. It will also help you develop good habits. Are you lifting? It will help you maintain muscle mass
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Well, I think it`s pretty easy to lose a high amount of weight when you are just starting out, are pretty heavy, and being a man helps too. I lost 5 pounds in 5 days when I started. It`s water weight. I would not say that 12 pounds in the first month is ``a lot``.
    I thing you are right for wanting to re-commit, you can do this! :-)