Guacamole

Options
I love, love, LOVE guacamole. I make my own with avocados, tomatoes, onion, garlic, chiles, lime juice, red pepper, salt, pepper, and cilantro. It is pretty healthy and absolutely delicious. Problem is what can I eat it with? Regular corn/flour chips are high in everything bad for you. Any other ideas for dipping?

Replies

• ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Try whole wheat soft tortillas (there are some healthier ones out there) and toast them in the oven yourself. Or veggies or some healthier crackers. Put it on your protein of choice.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Green peppers. Baked organic tortilla chips. Or just use a spoon :wink: .
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I make 'chips' using whole wheat pita bread in the toaster oven sometimes. Spritz with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, then bake till crunchy.

I eat it with carrots.
    I eat it on my grilled chicken sandwiches instead of the mayo I used to use.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Today I cut some chicken into bite size pieces and sauteed it with mexican spices, then dipped it in guacamole. The only downside--not crunchy.
  • triff14
    triff14 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I like to dip baby carrots or pretzels in guacamole.
  • jomama519
    jomama519 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    what about the chicken tenders that you eat? or slices of steak, kinda like a deconstructed fajita?
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots, cucumber slices, sweet pepper strips, and popcorn chips are my most frequent guacamole conveyance vehicles.
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    Id just eat it on toast :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I love, love, LOVE guacamole. I make my own with avocados, tomatoes, onion, garlic, chiles, lime juice, red pepper, salt, pepper, and cilantro. It is pretty healthy and absolutely delicious. Problem is what can I eat it with? Regular corn/flour chips are high in everything bad for you. Any other ideas for dipping?

Strike that thought from your head! It's absurd!

First, there's nothing wrong with corn chips. There's nothing "bad for you" in them.

Second, I have often eaten guac with a spoon because I didn't have money to buy chips.
  • moglovesshoez
    moglovesshoez Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Mix it with tuna and wrap up in lettice x
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Uhhhhhhhhh, anything :happy: I LOVE avacado with my scrambled eggs so one day I thought "why not guacamole?" I had some that I needed to use anyway so I tried it and now it's one of my favorite quickie breakfasts, so long as the guac is already made. Although avacados are high in fat, they're very healthy so I just limit it to once or twice a week and on those days I eat a little healthier for lunch to offset it

And here's another delish recipe for guacamole. I love deviled eggs, too, so it hits 2 cravings at once.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/03/guacamole-deviled-eggs.html
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Riceworks rice chips, triscuit brown rice wafers, Pita ships, carrot sticks, celery sticks.
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I use my mandoline slicer for mostly this very reason. I slice up a TON of cucumbers, carrots, peppers, and have at it!
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of guac on top of a grilled chicken breast. Deeeeelish.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I make zucchini chips to eat with my guac. If you have a dehydrator, this is even easier. If not, use the oven on a very low temp.

Slice zucchini very thin (I slice long-ways because they shrink so small), spray a sheet pan lightly with cooking spray, lay zucchini flat in one layer. Season if you like. Bake 1-2 hours at 200-250 degrees until crispy. Or dehydrate overnight.

You can eat a huge amount of these with very little calories. Great for any dip.

Warning about salt on these "chips"- If you choose to salt, go VERY, VERY light. These shrink up so much that the salt becomes very concentrated and its easy to over do it. I don't add any salt.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of guac on top of a grilled chicken breast. Deeeeelish.

That sounds divine!
  • JSTworkinout
    JSTworkinout Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like the betternbutter for dipping apples and crackers and hummus for dipping veggies
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato chips, super easy to make.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I allow myself 2 slices of whole grain bread a day and most days I have my version of a California Turkey sandwich which includes guacamole along with cucumber slices, sprouts, and fresh spinach.
  • JSTworkinout
    JSTworkinout Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    use your guacamole on toasted josephs flax flat berad