AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Clameater ?

Exactly my first thought.

Mine too, lol!
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Oh you're set, don't worry. Get on welfare with food stamps and Obamacare. You'll also qualify for the Obamaphone, section 8 housing and free tuition at a local college. Me, on the other hand, have all the things you don't and I'm barely scraping by. Don't make the same mistake! :wink:
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Oh you're set, don't worry. Get on welfare with food stamps and Obamacare. You'll also qualify for the Obamaphone, section 8 housing and free tuition at a local college. Me, on the other hand, have all the things you don't and I'm barely scraping by. Don't make the same mistake! :wink:

This. Yes. This...oh, wait...no...not this. :grumble: I'm going to go meditate on what it means to have gotten an education and a "real job" and a rental and a car and freedom to do what I want when I want unless it costs over $50...cause then it's too expensive, and I'll have to eat nothing but ramen the rest of the week. I'll just be over here.
  • 1989lukemyers
    1989lukemyers Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    go get some education. I a college or uni
    Get a part time job to support yourself doing anything, money is money

In turn doing the above you will meet lovely new fresh people and maybe just maybe one of them could be a lucky girl but don't go looking for one just work hard get a career behind you first

Oh and don't forget to kill it at the gym ;)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    the court order part is unclear to me.

also the clameater part. I am so behind the times. :grumble:
  • 6ronXtreme9
    6ronXtreme9 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Clameater ?
    lmfao I miss that man!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    find urself a girl!!

Can't think of a worse idea!

Go to school. Get a job to support yourself while you are in school. Get a roommate so that you can split rent, and make some friends. Then get yourself a career. Focus on that before spending all of your time and money on a girlfriend. Once you've gotten those things under your belt, go for a girl! Good luck!
    Or, ummm, grow up?
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Get any job and show up every day. Stay clear of any drugs or drug users.
  • jerbsod
    Options
    get a nice tat think later
  • RickNeedzToGetShreaded
    Options
    I'd say first thought's should be your education, while you're still able to and maybe a part-time job..
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Strap a mattress behind you - it's always good to have something to fall back on.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Get an education. It's importance cannot be overstated
    Maybe the US is different, but in the UK; yes it can.

I've had some pretty decent jobs* and I only ever got 6 GCSEs (what we get at 16).
    With me I did ok because I've always been a bit of a 'geek'; always enjoy finding about and doing stuff - so I learnt plenty of useful skills along the way. I'm similarly skilled to many that have done university courses, where I didn't even complete the level below that here.

*I'm self employed now, but I just did something that based on disposable income in my last employed job (as I didn't have anyone to support), I would have apparently been in the top 7%. More to do with lack of others to support I suspect.
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    just kidding, I am 18 and leaving mexico from court ordered. Nothing serious but I am scared to go back.......been away for about 2-3half years and have nothing left in the states. no parents no money no girl no family that i can find anyways can you offer advice please..............?????????????????

Write a country song
  • harshman18
    Options
    I broke and enetered failed high school or dropped out. petty theft expelled from three high schools for gang fights and stabbed a kid in the arm and OD on drugs to much plus selling them to underage too.........
  • harshman18
    Options
    Were you ordered out of the US and you are now able to return? I'm not sure how an 18 year old gets kicked out of Mexico.
    yes, out of U.S.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Were you ordered out of the US and you are now able to return? I'm not sure how an 18 year old gets kicked out of Mexico.

I've been kicked out of Mexico. Blow is one hell of a drug.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Tax payer money hard at work...
  • harshman18
    Options

I've been kicked out of Mexico. Blow is one hell of a drug.

fxxxing blow sucks...... It ruins lives and will continue to do so........ hopefully you have stopped!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Get an education. It's importance cannot be overstated
    Maybe the US is different, but in the UK; yes it can.

I've had some pretty decent jobs* and I only ever got 6 GCSEs (what we get at 16).
    With me I did ok because I've always been a bit of a 'geek'; always enjoy finding about and doing stuff - so I learnt plenty of useful skills along the way. I'm similarly skilled to many that have done university courses, where I didn't even complete the level below that here.

*I'm self employed now, but I just did something that based on disposable income in my last employed job (as I didn't have anyone to support), I would have apparently been in the top 7%. More to do with lack of others to support I suspect.

Semantics, get a SKILL or an EDUCATION or both. Either way. Do something that makes you more valuable in the labor market.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    you've got internet access.... start applying for stuff, job, place to stay.. educational oportunities , etc...