What would happen...

Options
Thanks to MFP I'm constantly reminded of where I've been surfing on the internet. What would happen if we disabled cookies and browsed in private. Would MFP be ad free?

BTW, for some reason I never see any advertisements promoting XVideos dot com....Hmmm

Replies

• Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Ad blocker is your friend.

Also, if you're viewing Xvideos on a regular basis, you might want to invest in some good tube socks. Nothing like getting that all over your keyboard...
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    What ads? O.o
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Just use Google Chrome as your browser and turn on the AdBlock feature. Gets rid of pop-ups and those annoying ads that come before video clips, too.
  • HDHogger
    HDHogger Posts: 764
    Options
    What ads? O.o
    What ads? Are you kidding? They are everywhere on here. Look around at the ads and your will find they are related to where you've been on the internet. The ads are on the tops of the pages and the sides of the pages and on your home page as well as every other pages you have.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
  • datleprechaun
    Options
    Yeah, I don't see ads either? Do you have toolbars installed on your browser maybe?
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I don't have any ads on computer. But I do have them on my tablet and phone app. So yes, mfp can be add free. I wish I knew how I got rid of them, so I could get them off my tablet.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm on firefox, no ads here. Time to find yourself a better browser!
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I see ads when I disable adblock.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I use Google Chrome and don't see any ads.
  • HDHogger
    Options
    I'm on firefox, no ads here. Time to find yourself a better browser!
    Nothing wrong with my browser chief...I'm using Firefox on my laptop and there are banner ads everywhere...
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    why don't you try what you are suggesting and find out?
  • HDHogger
    Options
    Actually I did and they still track...
    Either you people work for MFP or you are lying cuz ads are how they fund the website...no ads...no website. I don't expect MFP to not have ads but I don't like ads that reflect my web browsing...
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Either you people work for MFP or you are lying cuz ads are how they fund the website...no ads...no website. I don't expect MFP to not have ads but I don't like ads that reflect my web browsing...

I assure you I am not lazy...take a look at my exercise history. *wink*...no need to be rude..I have no ads as well...could be my work firewall filters them though as I am currently enjoying some MFP time and being paid for it.. :happy:
  • kenthepainter
    kenthepainter Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Probably some ppl have higher security settings on their firewall, I installed an extension for Chrome called Ad Block and they are gone.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

how are you going to call me a liar when i have not said whether or not i see ads and my only post here was to ask a question?

or are you going to tell me i wasn't grouped into "you people"
    37496499.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I get ads for a cereal I don't eat, in a language I don't speak, and for dog food. I don't have any pets. I've never searched any of these things. *Said in Dalek voice:* Explain!
  • HDHogger
    Options

how are you going to call me a liar when i have not said whether or not i see ads and my only post here was to ask a question?

37496499.jpg
    You People was a reference to those who did not see any banner ads. Whether or not you saw ads, I have no idea...If the shoe fits then wear it.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

37496499.jpg
    You People was a reference to those who did not see any banner ads. Whether or not you saw ads, I have no idea...If the shoe fits then wear it.

You may not mean it that way, but this post came across to me as very rude when all he did was ask you a question...I guess I am one of "those people" as I do not see any ads at all...now I'm with the other woman who said she gets them on her ipad...I do see them there, but not when I'm on PC. I use Google Chrome for my browser and am not set to browsing in private...so not sure if my work filters block them then? :flowerforyou:
  • Number_44
    Number_44 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Ad Block Plus

They are sent to you and are processed....It just doesnt display them to you.

Win for MFP and for you.... not so much for the advertisers of Raspberry Ketones