who loves pb&J?!!

Options
2»

Replies

• paul100
    Options
    I like PB&J... but not as much as PB& Marmite on toast... I'm not sure if Marmite is common in the US?
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I take a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a tablespoon of sugar free jelly and mix it up in a 2% Fage yogurt...delish!
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    drooling right now....
  • Petrina0905
    Petrina0905 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As a kid and adult, I was never much into the PB&J thing or PB period. Regular PB is waaayyyyy tooo rich for me. Even the reduced fat, no sugar added is overload. I discovered the BEST thing. It is called Better N' Penaut Butter. It is a PB spread. I not only use it for PBJ on toast, lite bagels, and such, and PB and banana sandwiches. I also use it with sliced apples as a dip. I haven't tried cooking with it yet. 2 TBS has only 100 calories and 2 grams of fat. They even have a low sodium and chocolate version. I'm not a big fan of the chocolate though. It is ok, just tastes more chocolatey as opposed to peanut buttery, so it is best for dessert type use. I usually get it at Whole Foods. Other stores carry it and you can buy it online. It is a bit pricey ($5.99 for a jar), but I LOVE it and now eat PB quite often! You can go to www.betternpeanutbutter.com for info, recipes, etc.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 2 tbsp (32.0 g)

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 100
    Calories from Fat 18
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 2.0g3%
    Sodium 190mg8%
    Total Carbohydrates 13.0g4%
    Sugars 2.0g
    Protein 4.0g
    Fiber2.0g

Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 8%
    Calcium 4% • Iron 2%
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    "I take a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a tablespoon of sugar free jelly and mix it up in a 2% Fage yogurt...delish!"

I am 100% trying this in the very near future i love the Fage greek yogurt even on its own but this will put a whole new level of yum into it!!!
    Peanut butter isn't that big a thing here in the U.K but i am in love with it and i know its bad but i recently found a shop that does someamerican sweets and chocolate and you have peanutbutter in everything! Reeses pieces and peanut butter cups are amazing! and i'm just about to try a peanut butter twix (just one finger and i've worked my behind off for this for the past hour so it better be as good as i'm thinking its going to be!)

would love to do something savory with pb - something with chicken or prawns would be great but i would have no idea where to start to incorporate pb into a meal so any ideas would be great :)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    You think peanut butter is addictive just try almond or better yet cashew butter now that ones addictive. I buy a little cashew butter at a time (cause I can't be trusted with an entire jar) at a bulk store and their are no additives or preservatives.

I TOTALLY SECOND THIS!!!
  • CelticWarrior
    Options
    I really thought I was the only one to have some weird PB & J concoctions

PB & J waffles
    PB & J pancakes
    grilled PB & J sandwich
    toasted PB & J banana
    chocolate Peanut Butter cake, long before they even made this and sold it in stores, my moms was making me this as a kid ! choco cake with PB icing !

PB & J oatmeal

Iv done all this stuff and tried every which way possible to incorperate PB & J or just PB into something.

lol
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    PB or Cashew Butter in Oatmeal
    PB on French Toast
    PB Banana Toast
    PB Banana Sandwich
    PB on Kashi Waffles
    :love: Banana sliced lengthwise with peanut butter spread on it..:love:
    PB or Cashew Butter & Simply Fruit Apricot Jam Toast
    PB or Cashew Butter & Simply Fruit Apricot Jam Sandwich
    PB or Cashew Butter rolled up in a Whole Wheat Tortilla with Bananas!

PB Cookies with a Chocolate Kiss on top... <~oops!:blushing: :laugh:how'd that get in there!:tongue:

When I eat PB it's Fresh ground raw peanuts or Maranatha Brand PB.
    But also love fresh ground Cashew Nut Butter..still haven't tried Almond Butter yet..:tongue:
    PenutButterAndJelly.png

That is all:flowerforyou: