people werent lying about HRM's

Options
Wow are they ever addicting!!!! I keep wanting to do different activities to see how much I can burn doing them (jumping jacks, running up and down my stairs, push ups etc)

Also, I was very shocked at the inaccuracy of the calories burned that machines say! Sooo glad I have my HRM now so I can track exact calories burned.

One more thing.. the amazing boost that even one minute or 30 seconds of really getting your heart rate up with a more intense exercise or faster pace/incline on a readmill - because it will take a bit to come down and you will continue to burn more as you continue your work out!

that is all - I :heart: my HRM!!!! :):):)

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i agree ;)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    what one did you get hun? I must get one but dont know which or how much to spend to get a decent one?

:bigsmile:
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Any tool that helps you work out and burn fat is always a good tool. For me, I use a Garmin FR305 to track everything when I walk.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    yep. everyone should have one. i don't exercise without mine. i want to wear it all day one day just to see how many calories i burn (minus exercise). i love mine.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I so agree! And MFP's exercise calories burned are way off (often too high) also! I guess it is really impossible for them to be correct - so I am not complaining. It was a good place to start - but after a month I got an HRM
  • noble1987
    Options
    I am the same as AnnaPixie - I want to get one too, but no sure which one is best?? xXx :embarassed:
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Please include what one you wear and a review. I am deffinately interested in getting one.
  • LuvnAG10
    Options
    Please include what one you wear and a review. I am deffinately interested in getting one.

Ditto!
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    The one I have is a Sportline DUO 1010 a Dual Use Heart Rate Monitor. I LOVE IT!!! You can use the chest strap or you can touch the watch part each time you want a reading (I prefer the chest strap)

I couldnt tell you how much it was because it was a birthday gift from my b.f - BEST GIFT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i agree ;)

i have the Polar F7 HRM - i bought it from walmart.com for $99.00 with shipping i think it was $103....the best $103 i have ever spent on myself so far during this journey...way better than any reward i have given myself....i love love love love my HRM
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Just googled it and they're 62.99 at Sears and $69.99 at ****'s Sporting Goods (where ever that is). So around $70 it looks like.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    I'm so excited! I got a good deal on a Polar F6 off of ebay yesterday. I can't wait to get it! :)
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I love the Polar F11. I'm a "research-a-holic" when I buy costly things and I researched the heck out of HRM's and found you definitely get what you pay for. IMO, I think any Polar product is the way to go.

I think the F11 is considered one of the top models and I paid around $145??, but I know I'll only spend this once. It's a big hunk of money up front, but for something we use whenever we work out, it's worth it. Plus the F11 actually has a trainer built in so once it's programmed it tells you how many cals you need to burn during that days workout, depending if you're in weight-loss mode, or maintenance mode, etc...

You can also search "HRM's" in the topics and see other peoples opinions. Good luck!
  • noble1987
    Options
    Does anyone have a Polar FT40 Heart Rate Monitor??? I was thinking of getting this one? xx
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Get a Polar...get a Polar with a chest strap. Getting one where you have to touch a sensor is no more accurate than a database like MFP and a waste of money.

I have the Polar FT60. Definitely a bit of an investment, but after 8+ months with it, I'm so happy!
  • mizyvee
    mizyvee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a Polar FT40 Heart Rate Monitor??? I was thinking of getting this one? xx

I have the Polar FT4. It has been great for me. The strap is the most comfortable one I have tried. I tried two before this and had to take them back because they didn't work after about a week or two. One was a Sportline and I forgot what the other was(both were about $40 bucks on sale at Big 5). I finally sucked it up and paid the $90 buck for the FT4 at Target. I have had no problems with it at all and after the strap is on for about 5 min, I forget it is there. This strap is the only one that doesnt have that hard plastic against your skin, easy to wash (I handwash mine although it says you can put it in the washer).
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I ended up getting a cheap one from walmart read the reviews first it was 27 it did a really good job yesterday!!! I actually burned 10 more calories than what the treadmill said. I do intervals on the tread. It was like 340 for half hour. I love it!!
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    well hell, I'm sold!! I'm goin to get one today!!
  • noble1987
    Options

I have the Polar FT4. It has been great for me. The strap is the most comfortable one I have tried. I tried two before this and had to take them back because they didn't work after about a week or two. One was a Sportline and I forgot what the other was(both were about $40 bucks on sale at Big 5). I finally sucked it up and paid the $90 buck for the FT4 at Target. I have had no problems with it at all and after the strap is on for about 5 min, I forget it is there. This strap is the only one that doesnt have that hard plastic against your skin, easy to wash (I handwash mine although it says you can put it in the washer).

Thanks a lot this is really usefull to me! claire x