Getting bored

Options
Hi everybody,

So I have always been motivated to exercise and I have been for a long time, but recently (like 2 weeks ago) I started to find my workouts boring.. I've tried switching to different things and changing my playlist, but I still can't seem to find any motivation to exercise..

I want to exercise to be fit and healthy and not lose weight, so I try do at least 30 minutes of some sort of physical activity a day, so either a walk/run or some yoga, but I dread it because it's just so boring..

Does anybody have any tips on how I can find motivation to workout and how what can make my workout less boring? Any links to fun workouts?

PS. I don't have a gym membership so I do everything at home (cannot afford it)

Thanks!

Replies

• tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Check out youtube, lots of workouts on there for free!
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    What about having a nice, fast walk and listing to podcasts on subjects that interest you?
    I love WTF with Marc Maron, he interviews comedians and musicians for an hour, in-depth about their lives and works.
    I listen to Barry Katz's "Industry Standard" podcast too.
    Both are fascinating and inspiring.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Maybe try switching up your workouts. What are you doing currently?

There are tons of workouts on youtube ... try a few.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    fitness blender.com and hasfit.com have loads to chose from.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    what is your current regimen like?

Maybe you would benefit from switching to a program of compounds where you are trying to increase weight and or reps each week? This keeps your interested and you then have a goal to meet and exceed each week. I find this beneficial because I can see the weight and reps increasing each week…

I have been doing this program for over a year now and am not bored with it...
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Find something that doesn't bore you or you will probably quit.

Try lifting weights.
    Try switching to a different routine. (A personal favorite is the BeFit Youtube channel.)
    Try cycling instead of running
    Try Zumba
    Try Boot Camp/Calisthenics
    Try something else
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Check out Fitnessblender.com or blogilates.com.
  • battybecks
    battybecks Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I hula hoop for my main cardio workout - maybe try that! If you get yourself a proper lightweight trick hoop, you can switch between waist hooping for calorie burn and trick hooping for fun (lots of videos on youtube of people demonstrating tricks).

This is the only "workout" I've managed to stick with, because I find conventional exercise really boring - and it gives me flashbacks to how much I hated PE at school!
  • pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Coming from a gal who two years ago totally hated exercise...look up Zumba, hip hop workouts, and BUTI Yoga on YouTube.
  • jomama519
    jomama519 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    on youtube the blogilates and laura london channels have lots of good stuff...

and you can always just turn on your favorite music and DANCE, DANCE, DANCE!!!
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    We have Point2Point running stores here in VA, they have free running/walking clinics on the weekend.

Look in your area for free clinics, especially around this time of year, lots of free offers for New years Resolutioners!
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    The best thing you can do for yourself is set some goals!

If you're already at a weight you're happy with, set some other fitness goals like doing a set of pullups, running a 20 minute 5 km (or 25 minute, depending where you're at), squatting your body weight or more etc.

That will motivate you to work harder!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    When that happens I change my routine, find a new class or look into a new sport or something. I'm getting bored with bodycombat already. I LOVE it.. The instructor says we'll be doing a new routine in 2 classes, so i'm trying to hold out until then. I also asked a trainer to show me different moves so I can change up my lifting routine, that worked great. I also recently replaced treadmill running with basketball. :~) (I run up an down the court shooting, I try to keep track and beat my last score. lol)

ETA: I want to try the butt bible workout.. simply because the name is hysterical. LOL