Hula hooping counter?

Options
Hello,

So I have a friend who hula hoops throughtout the day and likes to workout. I was thinking of getting them a gift related to hula hooping for the holidays. I was wondering if there was a device similar to a pedometer that one could attach to a hula hoop that tracks number of rotations, time hooping, estimated calories burned, etc. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• cindy326
    cindy326 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I dont know of a device that could do that. I use Wii Fit. It has hula hooping and it counts rotations... you can set a specific time and I try to beat my own score. I paid .99cents for the game. Well worth it to me. Hope you find something.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Interesting idea, but there is no such thing; if you attached something to a hoop in just one spot, it would throw off the balance of the hoop.

Some of my hooping friends wear FitBits when they hoop.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I hula hoop too. I have never found anything like that. I just set a kitchen timer for how long I want to do it. I have an HRM and going by that you really don't burn many calories. Like 60 for half an hour. I don't even count it in with my calories burned. it is hardly worth the trouble.