liquid egg whites in the UK

Options
2»

Replies

• debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I'm personally a fan of whole eggs but then again I don't eat low fat either. I do better when I eat lower carbohydrate.

yes me too but I don't love all the cholesterol lol I can mix and match ;)

Your body doesn't really absorb the cholesterol from eggs, it's the cholesterol your body produces from too much saturated fat that you need to worry about.

This ^^^^ the whole cholesterol scare from eggs was a false alarm, current [UK] advice is just eat the whole egg,

If making meringues and angel food cake just separate them and use the yolks elsewhere

I don't bake at all.

I was waiting for a comment on the cholesterol L:) I'm not scared of it and will continue to eat whole eggs as well as egg whites
  • blossomnu
    blossomnu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Also i find buying whole eggs and tossing the yolk is cheaper

It's actually not unless you're buying basics caged hen eggs or you get a good deal from a local farm.

One carton of Two Chicks Egg Whites is equal to 15 eggs. Buying that many separately is about £1 more.

If you actually used the yolks, it would be worth it.

I buy 18 eggs (free range, would rather not eat eggs then caged ones) for £2.10 and I do use some of the yolkes.

From Sainsbury's or Waitrose?
  • blossomnu
    blossomnu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Also i find buying whole eggs and tossing the yolk is cheaper

It's actually not unless you're buying basics caged hen eggs or you get a good deal from a local farm.

One carton of Two Chicks Egg Whites is equal to 15 eggs. Buying that many separately is about £1 more.

If you actually used the yolks, it would be worth it.

I buy 18 eggs (free range, would rather not eat eggs then caged ones) for £2.10 and I do use some of the yolkes.

From Sainsbury's or Waitrose?
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Some Holland and Barrat's do them - but not my local as they don't have a fridge.
    Costco also do 4 pint bottles I think it, but you'll have to find someone with a costco card (I've got makro as there's no yearly fee, but can't justify the fee for costco.)
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Some Holland and Barrat's do them - but not my local as they don't have a fridge.
    Costco also do 4 pint bottles I think it, but you'll have to find someone with a costco card (I've got makro as there's no yearly fee, but can't justify the fee for costco.)

Just in case you're interested, Bulkpowders pasteurise there's, so you can keep them at room temp, until you break the seal on the bottle.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    The Two Chicks ones they do in Sainsburys are pasteurised, though still sold from the fridge.
    At the moment I'm not even using protein powder and often finding I need to make up my last calories with carbs/fat, so happy to go for whole eggs generally.