reducing bloat

Let me start by saying I'm not trying to find a way to lose an outrageous amount of weight super fast.

My husband's company is having a big Christmas party this Saturday. I'm so excited to go and am getting this beautiful dress that I would have never worn 105 pounds ago! It's tight and makes me feel very sexy. However, I want to make sure I have the flattest tummy I can and not a bunch of extra water weight/bloat. I want to have as minimal bloated belly as possible. ;)

I know bloat can be inevitable with what we eat/drink, but I'm just looking for any HEALTHY, helpful tips on reducing the chances of being bloated/water weight. I already drink a TON of water everyday. I don't eat tons of salt...normal I would say.

Any tips on what I could do throughout the week to make sure I look as awesome as possible in my dress Saturday?? :smile:

Replies

• rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    I've used these before (rude when you are fitted for a bridesmaids dress five months before wedding and forget to keep an eye on how tight it is... hah!)

- As you said, low sodium, lots of water!
    -Less fiber two days before
    -For two to three days avoid large amounts of cruciferous vegetables
    -Green tea
    -Avoid large amounts of wheat or dairy one to two days before

:) I bet you look fabulous in your dress my friend!
  • AmyJoShanks
    AmyJoShanks Posts: 40 Member
    Try pinapples, watermelon, celery and cucumbers - fruits and veggies that are loaded with water and help flush out any excess sodium. As previously mentioned, avoid cruciferous veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage) a few days beforehand.

i know they make natural/herbal diuretics, but i'm not sure you want to start messing with that stuff :smile:
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    I am in the same boat. I am not really changing much except watching my salt intake, staying under 100g of carbs for two days before, keeping my water intake over 2 liters and drinking dandelion tea instead of my afternoon coffee. All very doable and safe. Same amount of calories, same workouts. Be confident and that's all people will see. :)
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Yay!! Thanks for all the great advice. Can I ask why Dandelion tea instead of coffee? Also where can I find that tea??
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Yay!! Thanks for all the great advice. Can I ask why Dandelion tea instead of coffee? Also where can I find that tea??

It aids in digestion and has a diuretic effect to help with bloat. Just make sure to drink lots of water too. I've seen it at GNC and Whole Foods. It's something my acupuncturist told me about.