I'M A NEWBIE!!!

Options
Hello to everybody!! I am a newbie. :smile: I have decided it was time for me to make a change so I am COMMITTED to becoming a healthier me. I feel like becoming a better person (physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually) is all about determination, perserverance, and faith. Losing weight in the process is just a plus for me!!! With that being said, I just wanted to let everyone know that I am embarking on a new adventure and won't stop until I reach my goal!! :smile:

Replies

• andrea2008
    Options
    Hello to everybody!! I am a newbie. :smile: I have decided it was time for me to make a change so I am COMMITTED to becoming a healthier me. I feel like becoming a better person (physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually) is all about determination, perserverance, and faith. Losing weight in the process is just a plus for me!!! With that being said, I just wanted to let everyone know that I am embarking on a new adventure and won't stop until I reach my goal!! :smile:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!

I know you will love it here the people are very uplifting and the system works

Good luck!
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    Options
    Welcome! I don't know a better place to start! I wish you the best on your journey to health and happiness! :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! This site is fantastic, and best of all, it works!
    Between the great food counter and all the wonderfully supportive people here, you WILL lose the weight that you want to! AND, it'll "almost" be easy!
    I might suggest that you log your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than after, as it tends to lead to better food choices. You might also want to weigh and or measure some foods, rather than just estimate.
  • hoolihan
    hoolihan Posts: 27
    Options
    Welcome and congrats to you! You're starting with a great attitude. I joined this site because I know (from being a nutrition counselor and a personal trainer) that keeping track of what you eat and what exercise you do can increase your success rates by 50% or more. I hope you continue to log in daily. I myself log in around lunch time to update and then fill in the rest the next morning. It seems to work good for me. I'm sure you'll find a pattern that works for you. I personally have used fitness/nutrition calulator software for years and now find myself at a desk after years of being a trainer. I can access this site via the web so it's super convenient even from work. I realize now that I am at a desk for 8 hrs a day, my caloric intake needs to go down and my strength training needs to move up.

Anyway, all of us are here for our own reasons and my personal favorite motivator to my clients was always:

" know your OWN personal reasons for wanting to get healthy then OWN-UP to what you should be doing to get there!"

Looks like you're on your way!