I'm looking for myself

Options
Hi,

I've started and not finished "dieting" for more years than I care to remember, but from today it stops. After watching The Biggest Loser and various other "reality" weight loss shows, I've come to the conclusion that it's not what I eat, it's how much I eat. Weighing stuff hasn't done anything for me in the past and the minute I tell myself I can't have something ""I Want it and I want it now"" so I shall be plating up as normal BUT taking away an eighth of it, in a few weeks I shall reduce my portions again. I shall be keeping an eye on myself but really only using this for tips and my weekly weigh in and of course supporting anyone who comes my way.

I really want to find the happy little girl I used to be and I think I've prepared the ground work by working on my mental state first.

I'd really like to make some new friends along the way, so where ever you are in the world, send me a request.

I'm Happily Divorced, with a teenage daughter, working full time in admin in the truck industry, and born and raised in Hertfordshire, England :flowerforyou:

Replies

• findinglittlesue
    Options
    and I should have added, please don't be shy, we are all here for the same thing and I hope we all have the same goal, I have over 100lbs of unhappy to loose, it didn't happen over night and it wont go away over night....
  • garbagedog
    Options
    Welcome. You're taking the first important step. You seem a little down, so let me cheer you up, please. This is a great site with a lot of really helpful people. Sometimes it feels like those little "WTG!" and "Great burn" comments on my updates are lame, but they do help keep me motivated. I have a great group of pals on here and am getting to know them all on a personal level (well, at least what we share on here). Feel free to give me an add. I'm really working on lifestyle changes and I can use all the help i can get, too!