yo-yo

Options
Ugh....here I go again...but I guess it is better to start as today being a new day, new me....

Replies

• crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Onwards and upwards! clean slate fresh start!!! Mondays are fab! x
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just start small with changes if getting back on the wagon is hard. Every day is a new day and each little step forward will add up.
  • Number_44
    Number_44 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    barts-yoyo-o.gif

318cc5b0efd5aa2e75bb087202e188b06dd295e4.png
  • 19toots66
    19toots66 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the smiles!!!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Not going to give you any good lucks, or a "You can do it" shout...going to talke down and dirty with you. If you are yo-yoing, you need to stop and look at the issues that are causing this? Is it that you eliminate foods completely, then when you bring them back in all hell breaks loose? Or, is it you went way too low on the calories? Was it a fad diet?

This is a good time to sit down and make a list of what worked and what didn't and keep that close to you so you can look up and down that list to make sure you are using things that work, and won't cause you to end back up in the same place again.
  • 19toots66
    19toots66 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    points taken...thanks
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Getting back on track is important and you made the first step.

When talking to a doctor recently they told me this and maybe it will help you. He was talking about yo-yoing being really unhealthy. and he talked about why-- Say you lose 20 lbs- you are losing lean mass and fat combined (hopefully you are losing more fat). But say you gain back 25 lbs- you don't gain it back in lean mass- you gain it back in fat, so you become more unhealthy each time.

It helped me see yo-yo'ing as something different and realizing I needed to take that option out of the equation. Best of luck