Looking to lose 100+ lbs. looking for some friends

Options
Hello everyone!!

My name is Sierra, I am 22 years old and 310lbs. I am looking to get down to about 150-160lbs. I am feeling defeated because I don't really have that much support and people to talk to that are in the same position as me. So if you are looking for a friend please add and we can talk!

Replies

• jsmnfnz
    jsmnfnz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey girlie, u are stunning. I'm also here to lose about 100 lbs but I'm thinking baby steps so I'm gonna start with 10 lbs for now. We will do this????????????????????
  • TheJhazminShow
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Better to lose weight while you're young than waiting till you're 30! It gets harder the older you get.

Setting smaller goals is a good start, my first goal is to be back under 300 lbs.
  • TropiKalSTORM
    TropiKalSTORM Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat and have been flip/floping back and fourth.

I am getting back on board and feel free to add me.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I dropped 110lb's a while back.

Just some random advice while I'm trying to tire myself before bed.
    - Set to 2lb's a week.
    - Drink alot of water. Thats your new favorite drink
    - Exercise is always welcomed 30-60 minutes a day
    - Going over on protein is perfectly fine. MFP default is pretty low tbh.
    - Going over on Carbs isn't fine
    - Fats aren't that bad in the long run.
    - Planning food a day ahead gives you a good head start.
    - Don't cut out foods you like. Don't make it a punishment. The key about losing weight is self control.
    - Drink alot of water. Can't stress that enough.
    - Take a Probiotic and make sure you get enough fiber.
    - Don't worry about getting crazy with watching sugars and such early on. Focus on the basics follow your macro's.
    - You don't want to lose 100lb's you want to lose 10lbs then another 10lbs. Make the goals easy and never look at it as huge challenge the more of mountain you make it feel like the more you'll want to quit. 100lbs can be an overall goal but make 5-10lbs the direct goal. Always have something in reach its not a race just pace yourself.
    - Have fun, don't feel like you can't go out with friends and hide in a corner and eat just rice cakes. 1 bad night/meal won't ruin everything. The biggest mistake I see here is someone has a bad day and over reacts and ends up getting into a relapse and giving up.
    - When you get closer to your overall goal start to slow down the weight loss. The goal is to be able to maintain when you lose the weight.

Have Fun =)
  • Ossodog
    Ossodog Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey I just started losing in Nov and already off to a great start, my tip would be to set your goal to lose just a little at the start. When you get more comfortable with the new eating habits of tracking calories, drop it down a bit. I went from eating 3400 at the start to around 2000 now. Was difficult at first but find foods you like that are low, this way its not depriving yourself of grey tasting things. Also,water helps you not feel hungry all the time as well.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Add me ! I put my food in every day and comment every day to the people who comment to me ! That's the way I like to do it. I don't tell people what to eat - just encourage them !
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Also working on losing 100+ lbs
  • slimforgoodnow
    Options
    Hi. I'm trying to loose about 45 pounds. I would love to have a friend as I am only new here.
  • bmbaldridge
    bmbaldridge Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also 310 lbs. and I am looking to lose 100+ pounds as well. I am also 22 years old. My goal right now is to get under 300 pounds, but my overall goal is to weigh 175 pounds. Another goal of mine is to make exercise a daily habit for the rest of my life. Feel free to add me! :)
  • Feel free to add me as well! I am looking to lose about 120lbs as a long term goal as well.
  • ma24monsters
    ma24monsters Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I started MFP a couple of years ago and failed miserably. I am back at it again under a new profile, starting over. I need to lose 150 lbs. Please feel free to add me if you think we can inspire eachother, but please beware!! I'm not too positive about this yet, but I HAVE to get there.
  • findinglittlesue
    Options
    Hiya I have 100 plus to lose as well feel free to add me.

Sue
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I also topped out at 310. Still have about 100lbs to lose now. feel free to add me.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Hello Sierra. You can do this girl. One day at a time. One pound at a time. Good luck.
  • sare_bear90
    sare_bear90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I have 100 pounds to lose!
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    HI! I had 105lb to lose.... Still on my way there. Please feel free to add me.
  • Anaticula
    Options
    Same boat here. At my heaviest I was 320. I'm now 290 and looking to make it to 150. I haven't focused on getting in shape in the past but decided to finally make it a priority.
  • pensarepink
    pensarepink Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    100+ pounds to lose here. I'm determined to make it (and maintain it) this time! Feel free to add me.
  • popflying
    Options
    I'm still looking for friends and I have 75+ to lose!
  • sjaykay13
    Options
    I dropped 110lb's a while back.

Just some random advice while I'm trying to tire myself before bed.
    - Set to 2lb's a week.
    - Drink alot of water. Thats your new favorite drink
    - Exercise is always welcomed 30-60 minutes a day
    - Going over on protein is perfectly fine. MFP default is pretty low tbh.
    - Going over on Carbs isn't fine
    - Fats aren't that bad in the long run.
    - Planning food a day ahead gives you a good head start.
    - Don't cut out foods you like. Don't make it a punishment. The key about losing weight is self control.
    - Drink alot of water. Can't stress that enough.
    - Take a Probiotic and make sure you get enough fiber.
    - Don't worry about getting crazy with watching sugars and such early on. Focus on the basics follow your macro's.
    - You don't want to lose 100lb's you want to lose 10lbs then another 10lbs. Make the goals easy and never look at it as huge challenge the more of mountain you make it feel like the more you'll want to quit. 100lbs can be an overall goal but make 5-10lbs the direct goal. Always have something in reach its not a race just pace yourself.
    - Have fun, don't feel like you can't go out with friends and hide in a corner and eat just rice cakes. 1 bad night/meal won't ruin everything. The biggest mistake I see here is someone has a bad day and over reacts and ends up getting into a relapse and giving up.
    - When you get closer to your overall goal start to slow down the weight loss. The goal is to be able to maintain when you lose the weight.

Have Fun =)

fantastic advise, great for the OP and myself!!