Looking to lose 100+ lbs. looking for some friends

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsHarris6
    MrsHarris6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I could use your support also!
  • ElikaCousland
    ElikaCousland Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Don't feel defeated! I started out at 293 pounds (probably higher, but that was my first weigh in) and the idea that I had 140+ pounds to lose was horrifying and overwhelming. How was I ever going to lose an ENTIRE person? The best advice is to look at it in little pieces. Lose 10 pounds. Lose 10 more. Keep it going, and you'll be looking back in a few months like whoa, look at what I've done. =]
  • gmhaggie06
    Options
    you had me at lose 100+ pounds! Me too! I'm at 115 left to go :)
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Girrrrl you are FLYYY!!! Def don't look 310! With that being said ... I will support you all the way!

ANYONE FEEL FREE TO ADD ME! :)

50540473.png
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I started around 337. I'm now at 270, which is almost a 70 loss. I still have a little more than 100 lbs to lose total, but after I started hitting all my little goals, the big total goal kind of didn't seem that important anymore. Yeah, of course I'll eventually get down to the 150s, but the little wins are so much more satisfying than worrying about the end. I guess it's all in perspective.

I also recommend setting goals for yourself that are not weight related. Like, running up 4 flights of stairs without being winded. Or participating in a 5k. Or getting up from your desk every hour and doing something - stairs, squats, wall sits, whatever. Or something like - drink all your water and then some every day for a week. Say to yourself, I want to be able to.... and then set that as a goal.

You're absolutely welcome to add me as a friend. I'm on a low carb diet personally and I work out a lot. I love weight lifting and running. I do low carb primarily because after I developed hypothyroidism, I struggled to lose weight with normal levels of carbs and then I developed a gluten intolerance that made me very, very sick. Low carb is just easier for me to avoid the side effects of most carby foods. If you ever want to chat, please feel free to contact me :-)
  • beth3126
    beth3126 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I am new to the site and can definitely use all the inspiring stories.
    I am 216lbs hoping to lose 70lbs.
    these stories are giving me so much encouragement, I feel like I am not alone in this.
  • Njkelley
    Njkelley Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose 100 pounds! I am 40 years old...intuitively I know what to do but can't stick to anything for very long. The exercise is not a problem...it is the food....I do turbofire and Jillian micheals videos and go to the YMCA for classes....it is food. I do best on low carb but then binge. I am a stress dater. I have 100 pounds to lose and have tried every diet out there. I have been overweight for 10 years....please share what has worked with food....south beach? Low carb? Now I have heard of trim healthy mama?? I really really need to lose this weight and would love to hear what works.
  • seugin
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want. I have lost 40lbs and have about 135-150lbs to go.
  • jlar09
    jlar09 Posts: 99
    Options
    Hi! I am also 22 and I have about 90 pounds left to lose until I hit my goal weight. I'm 6'0 tall and weigh 260 right now and I want to eventually be 170. Feel free to add me! My diary is open to friends and I try to leave supportive comments for my MFP friends. I've lost 20 pounds thus far and am so excited to continue. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! I'll go add you right now.
  • Chante_Loves_Life
    Chante_Loves_Life Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Better to lose weight while you're young than waiting till you're 30! It gets harder the older you get.

Setting smaller goals is a good start, my first goal is to be back under 300 lbs.

Umhm *clears throat I am 31 and have lost 25 lbs in the last 2 months and I am going to lose 75 more lbs. You can do this, hard work and dedication and before you know it the weight will be melting off.
  • Cammy_girl
    Cammy_girl Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I have about 70kg to lose to get to my ultimate goal, though I'd probably be pretty happy to lose 50 - 60
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    Options
    Same here - feel free to add me too!
  • FaithMurphy34
    Options
    Right there with ya!!
  • Hodaeia
    Hodaeia Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Same over hear, trying to lose about 140 lbs. Anyone out there looking to add friends feel free! Looking for motivation and people in the same boat.
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I dropped 110lb's a while back.

Just some random advice while I'm trying to tire myself before bed.
    - Set to 2lb's a week.
    - Drink alot of water. Thats your new favorite drink
    - Exercise is always welcomed 30-60 minutes a day
    - Going over on protein is perfectly fine. MFP default is pretty low tbh.
    - Going over on Carbs isn't fine
    - Fats aren't that bad in the long run.
    - Planning food a day ahead gives you a good head start.
    - Don't cut out foods you like. Don't make it a punishment. The key about losing weight is self control.
    - Drink alot of water. Can't stress that enough.
    - Take a Probiotic and make sure you get enough fiber.
    - Don't worry about getting crazy with watching sugars and such early on. Focus on the basics follow your macro's.
    - You don't want to lose 100lb's you want to lose 10lbs then another 10lbs. Make the goals easy and never look at it as huge challenge the more of mountain you make it feel like the more you'll want to quit. 100lbs can be an overall goal but make 5-10lbs the direct goal. Always have something in reach its not a race just pace yourself.
    - Have fun, don't feel like you can't go out with friends and hide in a corner and eat just rice cakes. 1 bad night/meal won't ruin everything. The biggest mistake I see here is someone has a bad day and over reacts and ends up getting into a relapse and giving up.
    - When you get closer to your overall goal start to slow down the weight loss. The goal is to be able to maintain when you lose the weight.

Have Fun =)

Couldn't agree more!!! Water, water, water water.... one day, one meal, isn't gonna hurt you.... it wasn't one meal that made you fat... it was a lifestyle. Someone a lot smarter than me said, "It's not the 'how' you lose weight... the science is the easy part. The WHY you lose weight is the hard part." That takes some real courage to look at WHY you're overweight and WHY you have the eating habits that you do. Once you figure that out, it'll get easier, I PROMISE!!! Good luck and feel free to add me.

CHEERS!! - Mark
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    please add me, I see this as a mental change as much as a physical one, we all need to motivate eachother and support eachother.... "fall down 7 times get up 8 times"

~Charlie