Clean Bulk Advice

Options
2»

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

@ The peanut gallery: Arguing over clean vs dirty bulk doesnt' answer his question, and posting scooby's website when he said "several TDEE calculators are giving out completely different results" isn't helpful, either.

Could you be a little more condescending? 'Cause I'm not good with subtlety.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'd really check out Scooby's calculator at http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
    because he believes in clean bulking. If also has a page on how much you can expect to gain, eating and lifting however it is you're planning on doing it: http://scoobysworkshop.com/muscle-gain-calculator/
  • pavrg
    pavrg Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    OP asked a simple question about how to adjust his diet given conflicting information, which no one actually answered. He did not ask for people's opinions on what clean or dirty bulk meant or for people to chide his choice of diction.

You want to discuss what the merits of different bulking techniques are then make your own thread.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    OP asked a simple question about how to adjust his diet given conflicting information, which no one actually answered. He did not ask for people's opinions on what clean or dirty bulk meant or for people to chide his choice of diction.

You want to discuss mean people on MFP then make your own thread.

Fixed
  • TheTvMan
    Options
    To the OP I've just done a very similar thing cutting at 1800. I'm working my way back up 200 at a time until I start to gain weight at the required rate. I think this also helps avoiding potential rebound jumping from 1800 to 2500+
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

You want to discuss mean people on MFP then make your own thread.

Fixed

Many thanks!
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    clean bulk? Why not eat foods you enjoy.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm on the cookie bulk...

or the C-Food diet.

LULZ clean bulk- no one knows what that is because knows ever successfully accomplished it.

If you are a wominz eat at 250-300 over maintenance to start (if you see no changes- up this number 50-100 calories)

If you are not a womizez- eat roughly 500 over maintenance to start (if you see no changes- up this number by 100-200 calories)

eat all the things
    lift all the things

go forth

be fabulous