500 calorie or less?

Options
Anyone know any meals 500 calories or less good for weight loss and being lean at the same time?
Easy recipes?

Thank you :smile:

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com
    cookinglight.com
    eatingwell.com
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Tilapia if you like fish is very low cal with high protein. I think most fish are. Add veggies and a grain and you have a full meal.
  • NazKBaz101
    Options
    Tilapia if you like fish is very low cal with high protein. I think most fish are. Add veggies and a grain and you have a full meal.

Would any fish be alright? And grains? Do you mean like rice?
  • NazKBaz101
    Options
    skinnytaste.com
    cookinglight.com
    eatingwell.com

The tuna melt wow
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is make a weeks worth of meals on Sunday, get some sectional plastic containers ($3 at WalMart or $1 a the Dollar Store). Freeze or refrigerate them. Takes the guess work out of it all.

My go to breakfast (which can be made the night before and nuked in the microwave at work).

1 egg
    2 egg whites
    all the veggies you like (spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers, asparagus, onions).
    Scrambled up.
    For a little extra, add a light yogurt for 100 calories or less.

*Usually, this ends up being about 300 calories or less and fills me up for several hours.

Lunch,
    Spinach salad, veggies, some ham or turkey, a couple of cranberries, some sunflower seeds or almonds. Measure out your dressing and only use the single serving amount.

*350 Calories or less.

Dinner:
    Chicken breast - how ever you want to cook it, just go light on the oil Don't use any store bought sauces
    1/2 C cooked Brown Rice with a tiny bit of butter and salt
    All the veggies you want, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, spinach, asparagus, zucchini- Steamed, sautéed, roasted in the oven with a little olive oil. What ever you like. Fill up on the veggies.
    1/2 of an apple, pear, orange, what ever fruit you like

*Usually ends up being about 450 Calories

Dessert, sugar free Jello or pudding. Skinny Cow desserts (which are usually pretty low cal). VitaMuffins Tops (found in the freezer section, 100 Calories).
  • NazKBaz101
    Options
    My suggestion is make a weeks worth of meals on Sunday, get some sectional plastic containers ($3 at WalMart or $1 a the Dollar Store). Freeze or refrigerate them. Takes the guess work out of it all.

My go to breakfast (which can be made the night before and nuked in the microwave at work).

1 egg
    2 egg whites
    all the veggies you like (spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers, asparagus, onions).
    Scrambled up.
    For a little extra, add a light yogurt for 100 calories or less.

*Usually, this ends up being about 300 calories or less and fills me up for several hours.

Lunch,
    Spinach salad, veggies, some ham or turkey, a couple of cranberries, some sunflower seeds or almonds. Measure out your dressing and only use the single serving amount.

*350 Calories or less.

Dinner:
    Chicken breast - how ever you want to cook it, just go light on the oil Don't use any store bought sauces
    1/2 C cooked Brown Rice with a tiny bit of butter and salt
    All the veggies you want, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, spinach, asparagus, zucchini- Steamed, sautéed, roasted in the oven with a little olive oil. What ever you like. Fill up on the veggies.
    1/2 of an apple, pear, orange, what ever fruit you like

*Usually ends up being about 450 Calories

Dessert, sugar free Jello or pudding. Skinny Cow desserts (which are usually pretty low cal). VitaMuffins Tops (found in the freezer section, 100 Calories).

Wow, a lot with very few calories, isn't that around 1100-1200 calories, is that healthy for a man?
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Wow, a lot with very few calories, isn't that around 1100-1200 calories, is that healthy for a man?

Not saying that's my whole day. Especially when I work out. I usually have more than that. Snack and stuff. Usually some nuts, peanut butter, crackers, cheese.

But if you asked for suggestions. You can add some more fruit. Some bread. Maybe some more fats (pork, beef, fried stuff). But as a baseline, it's a filling, healthy meal.

I try to add fruit and veggies to every meal and have a multi vitamin too.

I'm usually about 1500-1700 calories when I'm serious