Focus T25 or Insanity Asylum??

Options
I'm not even on my 3rd week of insanity yet but i'm obsessed with it. I haven't lost a crazy amount of weight, but i've seen a little progress in pictures i took today. I know month 2 is absolute torture, i've read all the horror stories and have watched several youtube videos that ppl make about the 2nd month. but i'm already so in love with beachbody and i feel like these DVD programs is the answer to all my fitness/workout problems. but anyways!:tongue: I'm assuming i'll still have about 10 pounds i'd wanna lose once i complete insanity (i'm 5'4, 145 pounds currently) . which program would be best to lose weight while still toning up- T25 or insanity asylum?? I have no preference because i like both style of workouts & so far i love the challenge of insanity. which is best for losing as much fat as possible??

Replies

• anibalin
    Options
    hi Klynn163,

I have completed insanity and asylum a couple o times, each, and also watched the T25 videos (haven't done any so far), and I have to say, Insanity is way more demanding than T25 intensity wise, but my favorite one is asylum, proabbly because I'm into playing soccer. Any of these programs will take you where you wanna go, the key is sticking to it and eating clean, having proper sleep time. I got the best results with asylum, but that's probably because I was very disciplined with my food at that time. If you wanna just lose weight I'd go with insanity, but if you want to lose as much fat and at the same time build muscle, I'd recommend asylum.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Well heck, why not do both? LOL Do Asylum and then T25? They'll help you get to your goals, just in different ways and it'll be a great way to add some variety!

I love me some Insanity! Feel free to friend me and we can chat! :)
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I have done Insanity then went onto Asylum 1 and 2. Hands down Asylum will help you get to your goal faster. Insanity is a good cardio workout, Asylum starts with more strength training. I am currently not doing either programs but have switched to a weight lifting program. I do occasionally throw an Asylum workout into my routine. I vote Asylum
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    i'm currently doing insanity started month 2 today def is longer and yeah felt hard since i had just gotten use to month 1 exercises but its good the switch up is def good i have her many success stories that the weight they dropped from insanity was mainly in month 2 you seem close to a good weight so might take a bit longer but maybe month 2 will get you there i currently lost 9 lbs in month 1 first 2 weeks i followed meal plan but soon stopped due to expenses but i use meal plan as a guide i be doing good with that hopefully month 2 i get to drop the next 10 lbs
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Asylum-1 is just plain crazy! I think you'd see better & faster results from Asylum. The Strength workout in Asylum reminds me of the Insanity Upper body workout. T25 does add some weights in Beta so you can't really discount it.

I find myself doing more weights and throwing in the occasional T25 ot HIIT workout on cardio days.