You make it seem so easy, how?

Options
Well I see these success stories and I'm like dayumn. And the way some people out it in the end is as if it was a piece of cake... Or a protein bar... Or something.

Tell me how u did it

Replies

• anwylyd_un
    anwylyd_un Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    It's one day at a time, one meal at a time, one workout at a time. The weight didn't go on overnight, and it won't come off overnight. It will however come off and stay off if you log honestly, keep to your goal calories, and stick with it.

Unfortunately there are no quick fixes - that's why this isn't called "myslimmingpal" but "myfitnesspal". You are changing a whole lifestyle, permanently if you want the changes to last.

Hang in there, you can do it too.
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    Commitment.

They get up, eat well, exercise, look after themselves, go to sleep.
    Wake the next day, and repeat, and the next day, and the next day... and so on.

Instead of talking about it, you just have to do it. No excuses, no if's and but's, Just do it. :drinker:
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Once you find what works for you it actually does get easier. :smile:
    There's definitely still tough days though but it does get more habitual and even more enjoyable, well in my case anyways.
  • headfullofsongs
    headfullofsongs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Once you finally make up your mind that you want to do it, I think it really does become easy. Every single morning, my alarm goes off and I whine about having to get up so early to get on the treadmill. Then I think about how much I hated having to buy clothes from a special store, and it makes it a little easier to get going. :)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Commitment, consistency, habit, patience. Not making crazy drastic changes you can't live with. Not giving up the second things go wrong, or it gets boring, or it feels difficult. Just keep plodding on.
  • theloftlady
    theloftlady Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 23lb so far but for me that is amazing! I have tried so many 'diets' and found them difficult to maintain, expensive to continue and humiliating to be told 'what went wrong' when I've gained as little as half a pound. With myfitnesspal it is easier, much easier. I track everything I eat, I try and walk most days to fit in some exercise and I plan ahead my food for the day. If I end up over my calories for the day, I go and do some more exercising. That way I don't feel deflated and want to eat every sweet thing in the house because I feel I've failed. I'm learning to be much much more active and with M.E. Believe me it's really tough some days.
    I am so proud of my weightloss so far and today I feel awesome because three work colleagues commented on how much weight I had lost! Up until now no one has really noticed and I was becoming a bit cheesed off with that but I know what the scales are telling me and my belt now being fastened six holes in, instead of only one hole in ????. So today when people were commenting it inspired me to walk even more and one colleague commented on how well I am looking and always smiling at the moment ???? Seriously, this isn't a piece of cake, it takes commitment and will power but it works....and for me that it what makes it worth that commitment. Then you log in at the end of the day and you see other people doing the same, encourage others, yourself and giving advice. This is the place to be if you want success.
    I still have a long way to go but for once in my fat life I actually believe I can get there, I can't see why I won't! Now that is a whole different attitude to my normal approach of dieting.
    Get on it and log in often to be inspired and encouraged and before you know it you will be losing weight and just daily keeping on track because you enjoy the way you feel and how you look as well as the friends you make on here.
    ????
  • ravengal
    Options
    It is not easy, but putting my plan on auto-pilot gets my head out of the process so I don't have as much time to "think" about what I don't "feel" like doing. I schedule my food and exercise as part of my mandatory daily activities like going to work or paying bills. The payoff for every hour or two out of my day I spend logging, planning, and exercising is consistent, gradual weight loss.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Well I see these success stories and I'm like dayumn. And the way some people out it in the end is as if it was a piece of cake... Or a protein bar... Or something.

Tell me how u did it

The way you are doing it. Do you realize how much you inspire others who are having a much harder time than you in believing in themselves? Look at the weight you have lost. Clearly it hasn't as easy as you thought, but look how far you have come!. I am within 10 lbs of my goal --135-- and these last 10 are incredibly hard for me. I now run 4.5 to 5.5 miles every day, and every fifth day it is intervals. Still the scale creeps down so darned slowly. One day, maybe by Spring, I will see that 135, and it will have been worth it for me.

You can do this....heck....you WILL do this!
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    A lot of us people who have lost a lot of weight were where you are awhile ago. I know for myself, I didn't think I could make the changes or would keep with them long term at the beginning. I didn't think I would have a big success story to share. But when you find your motivation and keep with it, its an amazing feeling that you just want more of. Just keep making small changes over time and keep with them and you will have a success story.
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I've got to say, it hasn't been "easy" exactly, but I was so ready to take my health into control that it felt simple.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Commitment, consistency, habit, patience. Not making crazy drastic changes you can't live with. Not giving up the second things go wrong, or it gets boring, or it feels difficult. Just keep plodding on.

This! P.S, its taken me 2 years to drop 68 lbs. I am still 33 lbs from my goal weight, but I have faith I will achieve it!
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of what's been written.

One day at a time. One meal at a time. One workout at a time. Always looking for a healthier option but allowing yourself the thing you enjoy. It's not a edit, it's a lifestyle change. Never letting myself get down. There have been plenty of days when my diet sucked. I think about why I made those choices to try to avoid the mess up in the future and let it go. The changing of my mindset has been key. I don't beat myself up. I see the victory in a half eaten bag of candy when I would have finished it all in the past.

In short, one day at the time always looking for little victories and healthier options while maintaining a positive attitude and allowing myself the things I enjoy.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Easy? Nope. Simple? Yeah. Once you figure out what you need to do, it's pretty simple. Which is definitely not the same as easy.

Eat at a caloric deficit. That's it. Sometimes it takes a little while to figure out how much that is. And you have to figure out the best way for you to manage that through through your choices (what foods satisfy your hunger the best, what kind of meal frequency and timing helps you stick to the plan, etc) but after some trial and error...it's mostly a matter of consistently making those good choices.
  • eheinze12
    eheinze12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Its not easy.. it's hard work everyday. wake up and get it done.. no excuses! There are days I'm exhausted, I workout.. unless my body is really telling me otherwise. I just woke up one day and said.. I need to make this a priority not an option.. and here I am 90 days later.. 20 pounds down..and learning to love exercise and eating better. you can do it.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It is not easy, but it is simple
    calories in = calories must be burned
    If you do not want to "burn" it, DO NOT EAT IT!
    Stops me a lot.
  • samanthahix12
    Options
    Easy? Nope. Simple? Yeah. Once you figure out what you need to do, it's pretty simple. Which is definitely not the same as easy.

Eat at a caloric deficit. That's it. Sometimes it takes a little while to figure out how much that is. And you have to figure out the best way for you to manage that through through your choices (what foods satisfy your hunger the best, what kind of meal frequency and timing helps you stick to the plan, etc) but after some trial and error...it's mostly a matter of consistently making those good choices.

This. You'll wonder why you never tried it this way before and you'll have that light bulb moment. It IS simple when you get the hang of it and see results.
  • schonsdragon
    schonsdragon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It is a slow process and at times it is not easy but I take each day at a time, each change at a time, and celebrate each small victory at a time. Motivation comes and goes so I am continuing to work on creating healthy habits to cometinue to carry me during those times when my motivation is MIA.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    The key for me was finding something active that I enjoyed. I realize that it's all about calories in versus calories out in theory, but that didn't work for me unless I was doing something active.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    The process of losing weight is easy. What makes it hard the the fact that you have to implement self control. That means controling how much you eat, how much you exercise, and how bad you truly want it.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    6 months of [honest] logging at a calorie deficit, a food scale, and a bit more choosiness with my foods (did I really want to waste 2/3 of "my day" on that fast food?). The only thing that really sucked was being ashamed of my old habits, and they were badddddd. The new habits formed were more sustainable and rewarding though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!