is eggnog an acquired taste?

Yanicka1
Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
I think it taste yucky:sick:

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    You haven't had my homemade eggnog then.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    some just dont get the nog
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Eggnog is awesome [for some]! It is ambrosia of the holiday season.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Did someone say eggnog?

omg-owl.gif

I FRIGGIN' LOVE EGGNOG. How can you not love it. Nom nom nom.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    I like having some with my husband (who is crazy about any type of eggnog), but it's a special occasion thing for me. It's just too rich for me to enjoy a lot of. I don't know about acquired, because I did like it right away. But I didn't even try it before I met my husband. He drinks probably 2 cartons a week around the holidays. Light, regular, homemade, pumpkin, ginger. If he can find it, he'll drink it. I only like a small glass to sip on, but he downs it like water! I guess it's one of those things that some people like and some don't.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I don't like it, either. I saw chocolate eggnog at the market the other day, though, and that might be good. I'd probably rather just have chocolate milk, though.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    I don't like storebought eggnog very much but my homemade stuff is amazing! :)
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    I like it with whipped cream vodka
  • jlblovely
    jlblovely Posts: 12 Member
    I just gained 10 lbs reading this! No eggnog for me! It looks to thick to be my cheat for the week!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    You're lucky.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Now I have to find some eggnog! SABOTAGE!!!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    You're lucky.

This! Lol, I try and buy the light versions but this season I discovered the So Delicious brand and it's low in calorie and really good. I don't feel guilty drinking it at all.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    I just gained 10 lbs reading this! No eggnog for me! It looks to thick to be my cheat for the week!

1203864_o.gif
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    I have to say that light, or lite, eggnog is like caffeine-free, diet soda... Totally missing the point. :tongue:

Having said that, I am a weak willed pansy when it comes to sugary goodness. I cannot stop at a little, so at the moment I'm doing my best just to avoid it all. :ohwell: :cry:
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,242 Member
    Why the heck would you drink "light" eggnog? I mean, it only comes out for a couple of months. Just don't drink glass after glass of the stuff and you will be fine! I fit it easily into my calories!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Why the heck would you drink "light" eggnog? I mean, it only comes out for a couple of months. Just don't drink glass after glass of the stuff and you will be fine! I fit it easily into my calories!

Lol. I actually like it but I also like fat free milk and diet soda but dairy isn't really my friend so the So Delicious being dairy free works for me. To each their own.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    I like it with whipped cream vodka

thats it!! all these years I'm not a fan of spiced rum or brandy, but it needs vodka! You have to be the smartest person ever.

I'll admit though it can be pretty sweet and I like to water it down with milk
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Try it. Its yum!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    I'll drink it occasionally, but I can do without it. It's certainly not my favorite thing.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Try it. Its yum!

I did. It was not home made. Took one sip then poured everything down the drain.