Halloween Candy

Options
is KILLING me!!! i'm bringing all the leftover to school and work today to get it the heck out of my house!!

Replies

• ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    LOL, I gave it to my husband to keep at work. We didn't have much at all leftover. I only had one fun size Milky Way on Halloween.
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    My hubby nicely brought home 100 mini bars today cuz they were on sale!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! He has a condition where he can't eat w/o pain so he can have only one. I don't have this condition!!!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    One way to get rid of leftover candy......check with your dentist.

There are over 2000 dentists across the U.S. who will buy the candy for $1.00 per pound and they will send it to our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Pretty cool!

Here's a website where you can find a local participant:

http://www.halloweencandybuyback.com/index.html
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I JUST told my husband 2 minutes ago that the candy HAS to go. I have a serious chocolate problem.
  • jcmc99
    jcmc99 Posts: 27
    Options
    I am with you! The chocolate has to go! I just dont know what to do about it. My nine year old and three year old may never forgive me if I get rid of it though!
  • disbrina
    Options
    I would love to just give mine away but i have 4 young kids who were so excited to go out trick or treating for them. I don't like giving them lots of it. so they get one treat a day. but that means they are stuck in my house longer than i want them to be. ahhhhhh. I don't have the will power to say no. every time i go into my pantry they are stareing me in the face. I am at a loss as to what to do with them.
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    haha I had my husband hide my sons candy from me...i couldn't stop eating it! I gave myself a belly ache and everythigand I still wanted more.
  • disbrina
    Options
    I could see me doing that. I may have to get the hubby to hide the candy. Hmmmmmmm. The only prob with that is my oldest takes one candy for lunch. Well i make his lunch so i need to put it in there. And trust me trying to get the hubby to make the lunch is like trying to get me to stop eating candy. ha ha ha.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Seriously, just throw it out. Believe me, it isn't wasteful. DUMP IT AND BE GONE WITH IT!
  • llthompson
    Options
    Buy it from them. That way they feel like they are getting something for it. Doesn't have to be much 10 cents for the little ones and 25 for bigger items. Or whatever works for your family. If they brought home 7 pounds, well, you might be in trouble :-)
  • disbrina
    Options
    I am not going to dump the candy and listen to 4 boys who happen to be 7, 3 and twins that are 2 scream at me. Sorry. And trust me they will not forget that the candy is gone. Um ya they brought home 2 pillow cases full of candy. and believe me. i rely on that candy to give them treats all year. We are a low income family and don't really have the money to pay them for the candy as much of a good idea as that is.
  • rundgrenfan
    Options
    I've been treating myself to a couple of pieces every night. The kids get one in their lunch every day and one or two at night. Truthfully, I am thankful for these fun sizes and this MFP database so when I do have a treat, I think about it first. My rule is always to log it before eating it!
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    One way to get rid of leftover candy......check with your dentist.

There are over 2000 dentists across the U.S. who will buy the candy for $1.00 per pound and they will send it to our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Pretty cool!

Here's a website where you can find a local participant:

http://www.halloweencandybuyback.com/index.html

wow, thank you so much!!
  • mush1958
    mush1958 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I tell myself, "I could have that candy if I wanted to but, I choose not to".

Remmeber, "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips!"
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options

Remmeber, "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips!"

:laugh: :laugh: