Power 90 X

Options
How many people have succesfully completed the p90X workout? What were your results? Any complications?
I have so far done 3 days of it and while I feel sore, I am happy with the feeling of success in completing 3 days. With one of my "side-jobs" being an Independent Pro Wrestler, this definately is going to help me in the long run. I hope that I can keep it up, shed the extra little fat I have around my lower gut and "love-handles," and progress further in my fitness.

Replies

• Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    so far i've successfully completed 46 days of it.... i'm still going strong!! some days are better than others, but you just do what you can and keep pressing play.... I have a really hard time with yoga.... but I'm trying to push through it... also I'm adding an extra cardio workout that day (even just 30 minutes on the elliptical) because I really feel like I need it... other than that I'm feeling great! Week 1 is the hardest
  • tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I love it and I have a "love-hate" relationship with yoga.
  • drewdizzle
    drewdizzle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did it for 2 rounds and then 1 round insanity and lost 70 lbs. That was a year ago. I have gained back a few since then. It works well if you have the diet that goes with the exercise. I am going to push play tonight and try to burn off some of that Halloween candy lol.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I completed 2 1/2 months then hurt my knee and had to stop. I loved P90X. I am starting it again now but I really have to modify this time because of my knee. Just remember to keep hitting play and do YOUR best.

PS I also have a love-hate relationship with Yoga :smile:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I finished the first month and three weeks of the second doing doubles before I stopped because I found out I was pregnant (which I suspected based on I was too tired to do the workouts with full intensity.) I was a little sad to have to stop (or postpone, as I can probably work it back in in a couple months if I want) because I did not notice any weight loss or body change in month 1 though I definitely noticed increased muscle (though it did not show) especially in the abs. "They" say a lot of women notice more change during / after month 2 so I was sad to stop right before hopefully seeing some changes, but I could NOT do it and was falling asleep at my desk at work this preg hit my energy level HARD!

I didn't totally follow the meal plan though - i counted cals here and tried to up my protein intake. I just can't with work, a 3 yr old, the house, a needy husband who needs me to do everything for him :wink:, and a strict budget, work in eating perfectly so I just went by calories and tries to lay off the carbs too much. I think I would have probably lost about 5-8 lbs overall (I'm already in a healthy weight so I only have 10-15 to lose really so i was not surprised to not see the scale moving) and gotten a more defined waist and slight increase in muscles showing when flexing. I was almost to the point where I could do one real pull up! And I still have trouble with military push ups. (Another reason why my results would not have been phenominal, though noticeable - because I was working up to being able to do it all full on.)

I liked it, but it was rather repetitive, which I did not like. I want to finish it once straight through to say I did, but after that I would probably work in the abs a couple times a week and rotate some strength and cardio here and there when I can't make it to the gym - I prefer the variance of the class settings at the Y. (I love Yoga at the Y, but it was SO boring at home and some of the others too I like things mixed up. I actually moved in my little TV too and started watching TV on one and the DVDs on the other once I got all the routines down to keep me entertained during the workouts!)

I love the stretch one though and will probably try to do that at least once a week still to keep myself limber down the road when I can't see my toes :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    My husband and I finished a round and 3/4 of P90X and then a full round of Insanity. We are now in our third phase of our P90X /Insanity hybrid.

* I'm jogging faster now and overall stronger.
    * lower back pain gone/stronger core
    * I can do 16 dive-bomber pushups
    *I can do 6 plyometric push-ups
    * I lost 24 pounds during my first round of the X.
    * and I'm totally addicted to the program.
  • BrandonEspinosa
    Options
    I may sound like an idiot on this but, since I got this dvd burned by a buddy, what exactly is Doubles? I still have a few weeks on singles but would be nice to know what Doubles is a head of time. Does it mean to "double" the workout?
  • edorice
    Options
    I may sound like an idiot on this but, since I got this dvd burned by a buddy, what exactly is Doubles? I still have a few weeks on singles but would be nice to know what Doubles is a head of time. Does it mean to "double" the workout?

Doubles is what I did today and yesterday. A workout in the morning and cardio mid-day or evening. Like in football, 2 a-days.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

Doubles is what I did today and yesterday. A workout in the morning and cardio mid-day or evening. Like in football, 2 a-days.

I didn't do the cardio X DVD though for my morning workout like the packet suggests (It has you do cardio on your strength days, ie, not Plyo, Yoga, Kickboxing days) . I went to my morning gym class at the Y for my cardio those days since I really like going to group classes. I would not have done dbls if it were me getting up to do a DVD alone.
  • edorice
    Options
    Right, when I do doubles I usually do my extra cardio at the gym. As a matter of fact, my husband and I have only used that Cardio X DVD once.
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've completed two rounds of P90x - one following the Lean program and one following the Classic program. I lost a fair amount of weight but the big difference was in the inches lost and strength gained. I'm in the best shape I've been in for a long time and am totally addicted to the beachbody programs. I currently starting my 3rd week of Insanity. After that I plan on doing a P90X/Insanity hybrid.