So why?

Options
What is your reason or motivation to lose or gain weight?
For me its other people making me feel like crap :p

Replies

• Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I want to be my healthiest so I can prevent diabetes, high cholesterol and blood pressure. My father has all three due to poor diet. I also want to be a good role model for my daughter and I want to feel confident.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i want to do an Iron Man.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I want to feel good. I am getting older and the extra weight doesn't do much for my knees
  • yumyumtumtum
    Options
    Have you seen the tough mudder?
    I can't even fathom trying.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options

I felt like crap. Now I don't. That's strong motivation.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Staying young and healthy, reducing PM's symptoms, looking good, having strong bones, and hiking the Grouse Grind with my children:)
  • Nt2Badhuh
    Nt2Badhuh Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just want to be comfortable in my skin. Other people as your reason will never last because you can never please everyone. Everyone says that im fine but I need to feel comfortable for me.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the tough mudder?
    I can't even fathom trying.

i've done three tough mudders. they're great. they're a tough event, for certain, but honestly not as hard as people think they are. prepare for it and it'll be a breeze.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I want to feel more confident and like how I look in pictures :) I want to be able to have photos taken of me and not worry so much about how I'm going to look in them (or untag myself on Facebook haha). Mostly I love feeling healthy, having more energy, etc., and I hope to build up some more strength & endurance over time.
  • yumyumtumtum
    Options

Yeah I lost 40+ pounds last year, now that I've gained a little back I'm feeling it again.
    And other people noticing makes it worse.
  • yumyumtumtum
    Options
    I want to feel more confident and like how I look in pictures :) I want to be able to have photos taken of me and not worry so much about how I'm going to look in them (or untag myself on Facebook haha). Mostly I love feeling healthy, having more energy, etc., and I hope to build up some more strength & endurance over time.

I feel you :) I hate when people take pictures of me.
  • TXEXrunner
    TXEXrunner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If tough mudder is too big a step, try a Warrior Dash. Lots of fun, doesn't require much/ any training and is rewarding.
    Try and find motivation by knowing you're doing something good for yourself. Don't let what other people think be what drives you to work out, or not. The person in the mirror is the one who matters - take care of her!! Congrats on what you have accomplished!!
  • blueberrybelle21
    Options
    Just to feel better about myself, wear fabulous clothes and be healthier!
  • JaniePapageorgio
    JaniePapageorgio Posts: 142 Member
    Options

Yeah I lost 40+ pounds last year, now that I've gained a little back I'm feeling it again.
    And other people noticing makes it worse.

Same here; I lost a bunch of weight running (45 lbs), and then did a number to my back working at a really physical job and couldn't run; actually I could barely walk and gained almost every bit back .

I lost my first five lbs at my weigh-in today (29 days), and I want to loose more weight than I did the first time! I'm feeling really motivated, and sticking to low-impact water running, yoga ball and calisthenics, largely inspired by the physical therapists who helped me out so much. It helps to not be so reliant on getting to the gym for the elliptical like the first time around.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    So women will want to be with me more. oh and being strong and fit is awesome

What he said....
  • wickedwendy6
    wickedwendy6 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i want to do an Iron Man.

I wouldn't mind doing an Iron Man myself. Oh you meant....nevermind.... ;)
  • aliecrawlyxxx
    Options
    Babes
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Volleyball, I need to keep blocking the guys at the net! Also BIKINIS :tongue:
  • ronnielamm
    Options
    i do it for the gainz