10 Day Juice

Options
13»

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    http://www.scambook.com/blog/2013/04/the-juice-fast-myth-how-a-liquid-cleanse-diet-can-actually-harm-your-health/

"Drink In the Facts and Make Smart Juice Choices

It’s fine to quench your thirst for the occasional pulverized pineapple. Consuming juices in moderation, as part of a healthy and balanced diet, can indeed boost your nutrient levels and expose you to various health benefits.

However, exercise caution around all-juice diets and fasts. Depriving the body is not a permanent solution to lose weight or increase your energy — so don’t believe all the juicy hype"
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    The best thing I think you can do is try to eat healthy nutritious foods and drink enough water. Maybe try something like this:

Breakfast:
    lemon water
    green smoothie (Mine is 1 cup water, 2 cups baby spinach and baby kale or other greens, 1/2 banana, 1/3 cup blueberries, I also add 1/3 cup greek yogurt or 1 tbl peanutbutter for protein-I don't like protein powders, a few mint leaves, cilantro leaves, a tiny bit of ginger)
    2 boiled eggs with salt, pepper, paprika, and a little extra virgin olive oil

Snack:
    1/4 cup raw unsalted almonds or other nuts

Lunch:
    lean chicken or fish
    lots of veggies (especially green)

Snack
    1 gala apple or other fruits/veggies

Dinner
    lean chicken of fish
    lots of veggies (especially green)
    sweet potato

LOTS of water, add lemon, cucumber, mint if you want

After dinner "tea":
    1/4 lemon juice
    few mint leaves
    few cilantro leaves
    tiny bit of fresh ginger
    add boiling hot water, drink after a few minutes

Some form of activity as often as possible every day. (cardio 3x, strength 3x, walking whenever possible)

Medjool dates for any sweet cravings. A high quality multi-vitamin might be worth adding as well. The idea here is to work towards a healthier lifestyle that involves foods that nourish the body with vitamins and minerals, not just empty calories.

You might want to add in rice (brown or basmati), regular potatoes.

Don't worry, it is not boring at all. Chicken and fish can both be cooked in thousands of different ways. There is a huge variety of fish to choose from, a huge variety of fruit and veggies to choose from. Eating processed foods or fast food at a calorie deficit may get you the weight you want but perhaps with clogged arteries, high BP, and low energy. For me the goal is always optimal health, energy, and body composition, not just the number on the scale. Eating healthy natural foods also improves my mood and skin, but that's just me. I don't believe in "a calorie is a calorie" and nor does my doctor. (I have been at a healthy weight for 2 years). The idea here is to work towards a healthier lifestyle that can be sustained. I really hope this helps.
  • JohnnyBravo64
    Options
    Thank you for your advice. It is very helpful and I appreciate the time it took to deliver it. I will definitely incorporate more veggies and fish. Tonight's meal was baked salmon, steamed rice and stir fry veggies. And I'm full with all coming in under 400 calories. :smile:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice. It is very helpful and I appreciate the time it took to deliver it. I will definitely incorporate more veggies and fish. Tonight's meal was baked salmon, steamed rice and stir fry veggies. And I'm full with all coming in under 400 calories. :smile:

I hope you mean that dinner was just under 400 calories, not that you only ate 400 calories today. I eat 2000 calories a day and lose weight (as a female).
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I'm not talking master cleanse juice, im talking about green juice. I always got around 1300-1500 cals a day when I was juicing, and there are many posts on here that show studies that it doesn't matter what source your calorie comes from, as long as you make your goal and don't go over you are good. But there are also posts here that disprove that theory. My view is that if you are getting your daily amount of cals form fruit in veg, then good for you.

edit: its funny that when people freak out about eating pizza, every one encourages it, as long as its in their calorie goal, but if someone wants to drink juice people have a problem with it.

It doesn't matter if it was green or purple. It was 100% carbs, unless you were adding in some fats and proteins. That is extremely unhealthy, and definitely not hitting your macros. In that sense, it very much matters where your calories are coming from.

Edited because cold medicine. 1sgpx1.jpg
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I did the juicing detox and lasted 8.5 days. I was super weak, but oddly felt so much better, if that makes sense. If you want to detox I would suggest doing the juice plus eating raw veggies and fruits in between. Honestly, there are studies that will prove both sides of every theory, so the best way to find out is do it for yourself. My dad, the ultimate mcdonalds lover, is obsessed with juicing. The only reason why we aren't juicing right now is because we are broke. A cup of juice in the morning will give you way more zing than a cup of coffee

billy+madison+quote.jpg

Congratulations! You won the internet! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I did the juicing detox and lasted 8.5 days. I was super weak, but oddly felt so much better, if that makes sense. If you want to detox I would suggest doing the juice plus eating raw veggies and fruits in between. Honestly, there are studies that will prove both sides of every theory, so the best way to find out is do it for yourself. My dad, the ultimate mcdonalds lover, is obsessed with juicing. The only reason why we aren't juicing right now is because we are broke. A cup of juice in the morning will give you way more zing than a cup of coffee

billy+madison+quote.jpg

Say what you want, but instead of judging something I never did before, I tried it for myself and was giving the experience I had. But good job at trying to be cute

"trying to be cute"??? have you not seen these dimples??
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options

billy+madison+quote.jpg

Say what you want, but instead of judging something I never did before, I tried it for myself and was giving the experience I had. But good job at trying to be cute

i have. and they are indeed cute :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

billy+madison+quote.jpg

i have. and they are indeed cute :)

its-science-anchorman.gif
  • sameena2013
    Options
    Hi i kick started my healthy fruits and veggies diet by going on cabbage soup diet- u can google it to get the version-i lost 10 pounds and now im back on healthy eating- my day breakfasts is 2 boiled eggs-oatmeal with half cup low fat milk-11 am is an apple or any other fruit-lunch is veggies and soup with chicken or lentils or egg again and dinner is chicken with low fat curd and evening is usually almonds-45 mins cardio everyday and strenght training every alternate days-dont go below the recommended calories-mfp is a grt tool make use of it.we all are in the same journey- all the best