Fed up!

Options
Hello all,
I am new to the group. YEAH! I have recently started working out with my neice ans she has begun to let me down. She skipped Tuesday because she had a rough night so I didn't go either. Then we went on Wednesday and I practically had to drag her butt around the gym because her back hurt then her legs hurt... Today I try to call her so we can go to Zumba together and she doesn't answer! So today... I choose to be thin. Today... I did not choose to be fat. Today... I worked out without her! I guess I am here because I need to be accountable to someone and she isn't trustworthy anymore. So, I am here, that is a start.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and hearing about your progress. Hopefully, you will hear about my progress too.

Amy

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I learned that no matter how bad you want a work out buddy, it's just easier to go by yourself...that way you aren't waiting on someone else, you can go when YOU'RE ready...and you aren't shoving someone around the gym or listen to them b!tch...good on ya for making today the day you change...
  • mommyjos
    mommyjos Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Way to go anyway! It's great to have "in your face" accountability, but ultimately, you're right, you have to be the one to do it! This is a great site and I just started about a month ago. It's so encouraging to get feed back and encouragement!
    Feel free to add me as a friend and we can encourage each other!
  • psarah
    psarah Posts: 84
    Options
    You will learn you can only depend on yourself when it comes to weight loss. You need to do it for yourself. Apparently your friend hasn't gotten to a place in her life where this is a a priority. You need to make getting healthy a priority. I would hate to go to the gym with someone that is always complaining...I can go by myself and read a book or listen to music and have a more enjoyable time..Kudos to you for going without her...keep it up. You will notice how much better you feel after you have worked out...
  • mush1958
    mush1958 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It is hard when people poop-out on you. It's so much easier to have a work-out buddy. I was working out on my own. When my friend found out, she offered to come with me. That lasted about two weeks. Now, it's one excuse after the other. I didn't go for about a week waiting on her. I gave up and , I've been back regular for a few weeks now. Gillianpinder is right, go on your own! Keep up the good work, you will be motivated by your results!
  • tbernard
    tbernard Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The gym is full of potential workout buddies. They are the people who are already going regularly and have made it a habit and a priority. Take the time to meat the people at your gym. When you are a regular, the connection is easy to make. Look for the people who are clearly regulars and successful.

When joining a gym and working out with some else who has just as little experience as you do, you don't strengthen your chances of continuing. You weaken them. Now you have two people who might not have time or motivation who depend upon each other to go. You're really just doubling your chance of failure.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Be proud! dont be fed up you have just chosen to do this for you way hey go girl!!!!!!!!!!
  • marissasmummy
    Options
    well done you! I only joined monday and I invested in a wii fit which I've been doing 30mins on a day as I really struggle to be bothered to go out by the time my 20mth old daughter is in bed, I have been trying to get out with her more walking places too but the wintery weather puts me off.

I think sometimes you just have to do it by yourself for yourself if other people don't have the same determination they may let you down :tongue:

good luck xx
  • marissasmummy
    Options
    well done you! I only joined monday and I invested in a wii fit which I've been doing 30mins on a day as I really struggle to be bothered to go out by the time my 20mth old daughter is in bed, I have been trying to get out with her more walking places too but the wintery weather puts me off.

I think sometimes you just have to do it by yourself for yourself if other people don't have the same determination they may let you down :tongue:

good luck xx
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    you can do it on your own I'm sure your a strong person. I'm here to motivate you. Feel free to add me as a MFP buddy. I've been doing Zumba at home for the last 2 weeks on my own and its a lot of fun.

:flowerforyou:
  • Neuroticwench
    Neuroticwench Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I know how hard it is to stay motivated when you're taking off the pounds by yourself. Add me as a friend and we can motivate each other! Stay strong and carry on! :smile:
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    I'm so glad you took my recommendation and joined. See how much support you get on here and it's just your first day?
  • jrsmithne
    Options
    For me, it is easier to go by myself. i was going with a workout buddy, but like you said, hard day, sore muscles, any little excuse hinders you from reaching your goals. Even when I am suppose to work out at home with my hubby, if he decides not to do it on a certain day, I do it anyway. I have a goal and I will reach that goal, and no one will get in my way!! :smile: