Night snacking

Options
I want to lose, no NEED to lose 60 pounds. I am using myfitnesspal to keep me honest in calorie counting. I like how it deducts your exercise, like walking, off your total calories for the day. Makes me want to move!! I am not going to give up any food that I like to eat. Just less of it. If I want a cookie, I shall have one...two if the count is right :) Denying myself is not the right thing to do. I'll be dreaming of that cookie all day long and end up eating an entire box upon entering the door at home :( Any suggestions for low calorie night time snacking while watching t.v.?

Replies

• rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    One of the things that helped me lose and maintain was cutting out snacking while I was watching tv/movie etc. For me it was super easy to just continue eating way beyond a serving or two or even three servings. A total lifestyle change seemed to be the only thing that really has kept my weight off. (80lbs for over 3 years) If I do go back to munching while watching a football game, fights, tv or a movie etc I tend to fall back into old habits too quickly. Sometimes I reach for some frozen fruits or greek yogurt if I do snack while lounging in front of the tv though. air popped popcorn also seems to work for a snack too
  • icklistpiklist
    icklistpiklist Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Do something else whilst watching. I knit or crochet, if my hands are busy I don't feel the need to eat. My husband who just watches the tv is always wanting something more to eat! Though i'm not sure what 'more masculine' hand occupying things I could suggest to him!