Looking for Bariatric friends

Options
Hi ladies and gents,

I am not new to MFP but I am embarking on a new life soon, January 2nd to be more precise, and I wanted more supportive friends who have gone or is going to go through this life changing event.

I respect and understand peoples opinions on bariatric surgery and with my respect for you I would also like your respect when leaving a comment.

If you would like to be friends pls send me a request. The more the merrier.

-Jen, pre-op

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen. If you do a group search for "surgery" you'll find a few different groups. i'm not sure if there's a specific group related to the surgery you're preparing for, however, you may find the folks in those groups will be able to provide you with the support you're looking for as you prepare for this big event.

Best of luck. I hope this procedure helps you to achieve your goals.
  • Jentorres8814
    Jentorres8814 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thank you ! I will most certainly do a search.

-Jen
  • crz8catlady
    Options
    Hi, Jen - I had surgery on Nov. 25, and I have felt great! I have struggled with weight issues my whole life, and I felt that this was the best option for me. My husband is going to have surgery later this month, and we're excited about having a future that isn't centered around food, and centered more on family and fun! Best wishes to you on your new journey - you're starting on my birthday! I would be happy to talk when you need support - friends make this journey so much easier! Blessings!