Just Started a DietBet

Options
I just started a 6-month diet bet that could cost me $150 if I don't lose 10% of my weight. I am motivated....right now.

Replies

• flywithgeorge
    flywithgeorge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • mrskatbevins
    Options
    Each day reaffrimate yourself. "Today I am going to do what's right and best for me, I will do my best to make good choices. Today I will be successful" Worry about today, worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Start good habits now and they will become a lifestyle. You can do it! I believe in you!
  • Kennesaw24
    Kennesaw24 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    How are you going to do it? I recommend her plan and weights: http://buffmother.com/my-story/ (If you're a woman). Good luck!
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Go for it. What's the worst that could happen, you may "only" lose 8% of your body weight! Important thing is to get that scale moving in the right direction!
  • buckwheat30us
    buckwheat30us Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's how I started back in Oct but it will only get me for $100.0 if I loose . Most lost by Christmas is our bet but I figure either way if I loose ill still come out a winner
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You can do it! Put a post it note on your bathroom mirror to reminder yourself everyday on why you want to do this.
    Move the note around, otherwise you will get complacent if you leave it in the same spot. Happy Tuesday!
  • highflyer88
    highflyer88 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Make a plan and stick with it!
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you're doing the healthywage.com? I signed up for the same wager last week, so did my daughter. I wish I had done it a month ago, I'd already be well on my way to 10%. You can do it.
  • rachempoo
    rachempoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic plan. Good luck!
  • JakeMcl2013
    JakeMcl2013 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Stay motivated! I did that once, and I was successful, all I had to do was get off my lazy butt and go out and prove people wrong. The most important thing is to eat healthy, Losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise. Also don't do fad diets, and don't count eating healthy as low calorie, nutrient deficient foods, eat things that have tons of vitamins, minerals, and protein(meats). Also, don't deprive yourself! Enjoy the foods that you already love, just make them healthier! If you still feel deprived, set ONE day a week as "reward day", don't go overboard and DON'T binge eat, by the time you eat those foods on reward day you will not want to eat them for the rest of the week (reward day works). And with exercise, if your are obese (like I was), start out slow, like walk several times a day (strive for 3-5 miles a day). Increase the intensity as the weight comes off. One exercise I LOVE is interval training, like sprint for one minute and walk for 3, and so on and so forth. Sorry about me ranting on and on, but here's one more tip that I found out really helps, Don't stress over the number on the scale, take photos of your body every week, if you do everything right you will notice a difference! Good luck, I hope you are successful! Keep in touch with the My Fitness Pal community! :bigsmile:
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    how does something like this work?? this is the second post out Dietbet today now I'm wanting to know if it really works
  • Crayonshaver
    Crayonshaver Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You pay to join a game. Most are 4-week games where you have to lose 4% of your bodyweight. There are several public games or you can start one yourself with just people you want in it. Whoever starts the game sets the joining price. Most of the 4-week bets are $25 - $35, but I've seen as low as $10 and as high as $150 to join. Anyone who succeeds in losing the prescribed amount shares the pot after DietBet takes their part. There are fairly elaborate weigh-in procedures and versification.

I joined a new type of game that lasts 6 months. You have to lose 10% in 6 months and it costs $150 to join the game. It's a relatively new thing, and studies are showing that money is a great incentive. I'm a cheapskate, so I'm hoping the thought of losing $150 will truly motivate me.
  • Crayonshaver
    Options
    It's called DietBet. Sounds like the same thing though.

I joined a new type of game that lasts 6 months. You have to lose 10% in 6 months and it costs $150 to join the game. It's a relatively new thing, and studies are showing that money is a great incentive. I'm a cheapskate, so I'm hoping the thought of losing $150 will truly motivate me.
  • Crayonshaver
    Options
    I'm assuming you're doing the healthywage.com? I signed up for the same wager last week, so did my daughter. I wish I had done it a month ago, I'd already be well on my way to 10%. You can do it.

It's called DietBet. Sounds like the same thing though.

• Crayonshaver
    Options
    how does something like this work?? this is the second post out Dietbet today now I'm wanting to know if it really works

You pay to join a game. Most are 4-week games where you have to lose 4% of your bodyweight. There are several public games or you can start one yourself with just people you want in it. Whoever starts the game sets the joining price. Most of the 4-week bets are $25 - $35, but I've seen as low as $10 and as high as $150 to join. Anyone who succeeds in losing the prescribed amount shares the pot after DietBet takes their part. There are fairly elaborate weigh-in procedures and versification.

• angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I just started a 6-month diet bet that could cost me $150 if I don't lose 10% of my weight. I am motivated....right now.

How did you do? I won round 1 this morning. First time ever that I didn't gain weight over the holidays.