• cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I'll be taking Christmas day off but that's about it

THIS
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I will be continuing my workout schedule throughout the holidays....will probably take Christmas Day off though as I will be busy cooking most of the day.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Yep. No exercise program here, and Christmas falls on a 6 mile run day, so it will get done just as Jesus would do it.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Excercise should be something you enjoy fitting in your life. What that means is different for different people. It might be a couple times a week for some or every day for 3 hours a day for others. Either way, when it becomes a chore you look forward to a vacation from you're in trouble.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I usually hit the gym in the morning before work M-F. Since I'll most likely be off xmas eve and xmas day, I'll probably just go M, Th, & F that week.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I will be travelling on Christmas week, so not sure if I can hit the gym, however I will do my best to work out. Since I am driving, I will pack my weights and do whatever I can according to my standard workout schedule.

I am going to be in a (hopefully) warmer climate for the holiday, so I'll definitely try to get a run or two in as well.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Christmas is just another excuse to me. And not a good one. If I make christmas an excuse, I make birthday an excuse, Friday nights an excuse, weekend excuses. Vicious circle.
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I will be. I'm trying to do this running streak thing (Thanksgiving to New Year's Day) but missed a few days already due to illness. So I really don't want to skip anymore days. That means I'll be going for a jog after we open presents on Christmas morning!! Maybe I'll be wearing my new Fit Bit, if it's under the tree. :-)
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Christmas week:
    Monday: working 12.5hrs
    Tuesday: working 12.5hrs
    Wednesday: bike/walk + pub ;)
    Thursday: gym if open
    Friday: working 8 hrs
    Saturday: gym
    Sunday: working 12.5 hrs
  • Kennesaw24
    Kennesaw24 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    No changes! Keep on keepin' on!
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Christmas isn't a good excuse enough for me to not get my *kitten* moving
  • niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I for sure will. Just probably not on the actual day of Christmas...that's family time!
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    When traveling exercise is a little difficult, but they have workout rooms in most hotels and time permitting I use them. When home I try to stay with my normal schedule as much as possible.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Excercise should be something you enjoy fitting in your life. What that means is different for different people. It might be a couple times a week for some or every day for 3 hours a day for others. Either way, when it becomes a chore you look forward to a vacation from you're in trouble.

^^^ THIS! I typically work out every day, and miss it when I can't. I look forward to my sweat-fests. I think the OP might be asking more about time constraints though? My schedule over the next 3 weeks is ridiculously busy, and I know I'll only be able to get in 2-3 workouts each week, but I hope they'll be good tough long ones. I don't plan to take Christmas "off". If I need to skip a day, it's due to family or work obligations - not because it's a holiday.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I exercise every day, even on the holiday itself.
  • sklebar
    sklebar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Well I'm off from 21st - 29th from work and not exercising 25th to 28th, due to family. I'll be doing heavy workouts on 23rd, 24th and then again on 29th and 30th..
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yes I will be working out during the Holiday, just as I did for Thanksgiving, when I took my cruise in October....I didn't do everyday, my cruise was for 7 days and I went to the gym 5 of those 7 days plus ALOT of walking! I think that once you incorporate it into your lifestyle you don't want to slack off.
  • MaritzK
    MaritzK Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm like: If Christmas is an excuse not to workout, then I will find an excuse in everything. I try to workout everyday and eat normal. I don't restrict myself of anything but I don't go mad on food as well. Also there are a lot of healthier options for food that taste just as good as the original version. I also just brouhght a jumprope so I can take my workout with me everywhere I go :) Good luck to you and enjoy the holidays!
  • jenjen828
    jenjen828 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I will workout throughout the holidays, even though it will include traveling out of state for a few days. As long as I have my running shoes, my laptop so I can find workout videos on the internet, and my dumbells, I am good to go to do about anything. I can still give 45 minutes to an hour a day for myself to exercise to counteract some of the not so healthy foods I will consume, and reserve the rest of the time for my family. I have worked too break old habits to let them creep back into my life. :happy: