Has anyone ever tried Shakeology?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I have drank it daily since March and I'm pretty much the exact same weight ( I'm at a normal weight and just trying to maintain). HOWEVER, I have more energy than ever before and my nails and eyelashes have never been longer. I have also not gotten sick in a very long time.

NO, I am NOT a coach either.
    Have lots of energy without it. Nails and hair grow fast too. I haven't been sick in over 3 years. Could it be that I just eat well, get enough rest and exercise for health and fitness and not use Shakeology? Yep.

Point is, anecdotes aren't evidence.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have drank it daily since March and I'm pretty much the exact same weight ( I'm at a normal weight and just trying to maintain). HOWEVER, I have more energy than ever before and my nails and eyelashes have never been longer. I have also not gotten sick in a very long time.

and you believe this is only because you drink shakeology every day?
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options

I certainly attribute my nail growth to it. My nails were always weak and brittle and all of the sudden they're strong and long? I don't think it's coincidence.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Believe me I don't take any if this personally. Like I said everyone has their own opinion and that's okay. I'm new to this whole forum thing and if I had known that me posting about shakeology or any other beach body product was gonna get people so riled up I would not have done it. I'm not here to create negative energy. Just here to get advice and motivation.

No one gives a toss if you post about BB or Shakeology. It's the fact that you post about it pretending to be someone looking for information without identifying yourself as a coach (I found your page in less than 3 seconds) which is not only rude and unethical, it's against BB policy. Had you read the forums, you would have seen a post earlier today from someone complaining about BB coaches constantly bothering them on the boards and trying to sell them something.

For anyone interested, you can report BB coaches who do stuff like this, as well as the ones who send you personal messages about products or challenge groups to compliance@teambeachbody.com. They will follow-up on it and coaches can lose their status for nonsense like this.
  • paleojoe
    Options

I certainly attribute my nail growth to it. My nails were always weak and brittle and all of the sudden they're strong and long? I don't think it's coincidence.

Speechless...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Speechless...

*face palm*
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have tried all of them-- my friend is a beach body coach.

I think they are all nasty. I have tried mixing them with all sorts of things, but I can still taste the grit and won't buy them.

So i think its individualized.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I think they are all nasty. I have tried mixing them with all sorts of things, but I can still taste the grit and won't buy them.

From what I've witnessed, the taste and benefits of products like these seem to be highly correlated with financial involvement.
  • paleojoe
    Options

From what I've witnessed, the taste and benefits of products like these seem to be highly correlated with financial involvement.

LMAO!!!
  • NaturallyCrowned
    Options
    No one gives a toss if you post about BB or Shakeology. It's the fact that you post about it pretending to be someone looking for information without identifying yourself as a coach (I found your page in less than 3 seconds) which is not only rude and unethical, it's against BB policy. Had you read the forums, you would have seen a post earlier today from someone complaining about BB coaches constantly bothering them on the boards and trying to sell them something.

Yes I have been a coach for only about a month now. 3 days ago was the first time I have ever posted or read anything from this community and I have by no means been bothering anybody. I made this post for people who have tried shakeology and i'm seeing that a lot of people who are commenting on this thread have never even tried it and are here just to be negative.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Yes I have been a coach for only about a month now. 3 days ago was the first time I have ever posted or read anything from this community and I have by no means been bothering anybody. I made this post for people who have tried shakeology and i'm seeing that a lot of people who are commenting on this thread have never even tried it and are here just to be negative.
    It sounds negative because it's not what you want to hear. REAL research doesn't show any benefit vs eating well and in correct proportions. Common sense tells you that if you can get he same thing for less money, then why spend more? It's tough to promote anecdotes on a site that has a lot of people who have succeeded WITHOUT having to pay out extra money on programs that STILL NEED a calorie deficit in order for them to work on weight loss. Find me ANY program where you can ingest something and eat as much food as you want without counting calories and it ends up in weight loss and I'll join it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

While many of members haven't tried it, and probably don't need to, but there is no studies that would suggest this protein/meal replacement shake is any better than the next. It's like comparing muscle milk vs EAS. The fact that beachbody thru together a ton of "super foods" and processed them into a protein powder, doesn't make them any more beneficial than other shake. You have to look at the studies for each ingredients and see if they are being used at the levels of the test; if not, then the product is useless.

Now personally, I am a huge fan of beachbody workouts (i own a bunch of them) but their supplements are not any better than those that are a half or a quarter of the price. And yes, I have tried shakeology and I think it taste like crap.

Keep in mind, this same topic has been posted a ton of times and is the same battle. A bunch of beachbody coaches come in the thread and suggest it's the best thing since sliced bread but cannot provide science to back in. I can also tell you that I join a lot of the beachbody threads because I like the workouts and even I, as a mod, have been spammed with PM's about buying other products. And this is why many of us have issues with threads like this.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I heard that the vegan ones were good and soy free so I looked into Shakeology-went into shock at the price and assumed I had to be reading something wrong. Nope, 30 servings for $130-$140 and less than 20 grams of protein for 170 calories. I get more protein (19 grams) for 110 calories in my pumpkin seed protein powder for $20 for 20 servings (really $20 for 40 servings, 55 calories/9.5 grams protein but I double it to get more protein). I could not figure out how Shakeology could possibly be worth it. For $130, I want the fat to just evaporate instantly. Since fat evaporation isn't listed as a benefit, that's why I haven't tried it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrd3gd47oBzx1QD8UMOcF5fCfK1LiF-a4_OTJ4oOAg9IBPdhHs
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Believe me I don't take any if this personally. Like I said everyone has their own opinion and that's okay. I'm new to this whole forum thing and if I had known that me posting about shakeology or any other beach body product was gonna get people so riled up I would not have done it. I'm not here to create negative energy. Just here to get advice and motivation.

For anyone interested, you can report BB coaches who do stuff like this, as well as the ones who send you personal messages about products or challenge groups to compliance@teambeachbody.com. They will follow-up on it and coaches can lose their status for nonsense like this.

Thank you for posting this! :)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options

Thank you for posting this! :)
    That's Interesting. I always report it on MFP
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Stealing this next quote as it is too funny not to.....

"I've been taking Shakeology for three days and my body fat has gone from 48% to 6%. My member has also gone from 4 inches to a foot and a half! Sure I've lost vision in my left eye and have forgotten how to read, but it's a small price to pay for results backed by SCIENCE!"
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Overpriced and not worth it. I make better shakes using way cheaper whey and frozen fruit.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I use shakeology, especially on days when I'm not going to have time to get a healthy meal because I'm out and about. However, and I say this as a Beachbody Coach, weight loss is a matter of calories in vs. calories out. If Shakeology helps you achieve that by avoiding a lunch at McDonalds, great! But if you add shakeology to your diet and change nothing else you've just added an additional 160 calories (or more if you mix it with milk) to your day and that isn't going to make you lose weight.

I drink shakeology for the vitamins and protein, and for a quick, easy meal when I'm short on time. I drink it as PART of plan that includes counting calories, working out, watching my macros, drinking enough water, getting enough sleep, etc.

Could I lose weight without it? Of course! In fact, I don't drink it every day, I have it when it helps me meet my goals. Like today for instance, I knew I'd be working through lunch time, without even having time to sit down and eat. So having a shakeology in my shaker bottle made sense. If I'd been home I'd probably have eaten chicken and veggies instead.
  • paleojoe
    Options
    I made this post for people who have tried shakeology and i'm seeing that a lot of people who are commenting on this thread have never even tried it and are here just to be negative.

Please... you made the post to sell your swill to desperate people who don't know any better and will try anything in hopes of success. The negativity is due to the fact that we are smarter then you think we are and when we see bull**** we call bull****... and I'm calling BULL****! You are nothing but used car salesman... take it elsewhere.