1 cup of sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup of brown sugar
lemon juice
4 large eggs
nuts (any kind)
1 bottle tequila
2 cups dried fruit

Sample the tequila to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the Tequila again. To be sure it is of highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point, it's best to make sure the tequila is still OK. Try another cup...just in case. Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the dried fruit. Pick the fruit up off the floor. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the lequita to check for tonsisticity. Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Check the tequila. Now, shift th e lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table, and a spoon or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish the tequila and wipe counter with the cat.

CHERRY MISTMAS!

Replies

• ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite comfort foods during the colder months. Low carbers and "clean" eaters, look away.

Blonde Brownies (Blondies)

1/2 cup butter
    2 cups (15 ounces) brown sugar, lightly packed
    2 large eggs
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1-2 cups chocolate chips, nuts, or combination of the two (I personally like to use 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup of walnuts)

Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan. Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan. Add the brown sugar, and stir until the mixture is smooth.

Remove the pan from the heat, pour the butter-sugar mixture into a medium-sized bowl, and allow it to cool to lukewarm. Add the remaining ingredients, except the chips and nuts, stirring to combine. Fold in the chips and nuts.

Spread the mixture evenly in the pan, and bake the brownies for 30 to 35 minutes, until they're light brown on the edges and top. Remove them from the oven, loosen their edges with a table knife, and cool completely before cutting.

These smell amazing when they're baking and have a wonderful brown sugar/butterscotch flavor which pairs nicely with the chips and nuts. The tops of the blondies will be shiny and crispy and while you can dig in right after they've cooled, I prefer to wait until the next day to cut them, they hold together better that way.

Enjoy!
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Nigella's Gingerbread Stuffing: http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/gingerbread-stuffing

Seriously good. Never without it on Christmas day since the first time I made it...
  • linzchapates
    Options
    2 oz of gin
    splash of lime
    top with tonic :laugh: