speaking of pictures....

Options
ali106
ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
While thinking about how gorgeous Lina and Tami look in their progression pics I started to look at some pics I took from this past weekend my friend just sent me....and lets just say....I was not a happy camper at what I saw:sad:

I am 20 lbs less and about 24 inches less than where I started, and when I look in the mirror I can sort of see the results, the cloths are loose or even too big all these things are great...but when I saw those pics I was like where the heck did I lose the weight?! I felt sooo ugly and big in most of them:grumble: ....but a few were like sort of what I see when I look in the mirror......do any of you feel like that when looking at pics....maybe it was just the angles they were taken from....ya that's the ticket Ali LMBO....sigh....

anyway...just wondering....*:grumble: stupid camera!*
hugs!
Ali :ohwell:

Replies

• ali106
    Options
    While thinking about how gorgeous Lina and Tami look in their progression pics I started to look at some pics I took from this past weekend my friend just sent me....and lets just say....I was not a happy camper at what I saw:sad:

I am 20 lbs less and about 24 inches less than where I started, and when I look in the mirror I can sort of see the results, the cloths are loose or even too big all these things are great...but when I saw those pics I was like where the heck did I lose the weight?! I felt sooo ugly and big in most of them:grumble: ....but a few were like sort of what I see when I look in the mirror......do any of you feel like that when looking at pics....maybe it was just the angles they were taken from....ya that's the ticket Ali LMBO....sigh....

anyway...just wondering....*:grumble: stupid camera!*
    hugs!
    Ali :ohwell:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya, sistah!! I HATE the way I look in pictures too. :explode:

I'm much better looking in my mind. :laugh:

fwiw though - I think you're a hottie! :love:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    OMG, I completely understand. I am the same way and that's why I have been avoiding body pictures.

Let me the first one to tell you that you are absolutely beautiful and I bet if we saw those same pictures we would see nothing but a gorgeous woman!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    Options
    awww right back at ya sista!!! you are what the Spanish call muy caliente!:love:

but that does bite huh! lol I was soo excited to see those pics and then I was like...oh holy hell no!!! lmbo...ah well, more motivation for next time right?! On the bright side the kids looked amazing! lol...*note to self next time someone wants a pic place my child strategically in front of me*:wink:

hugs and thanks girl!
    Ali
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Yea a month ago I was happy and now I am like ugh what did I look like w/the 13-14 lbs still on me.

PS your beautiful. We R always R worst critic.
  • ali106
    Options
    OMG, I completely understand. I am the same way and that's why I have been avoiding body pictures.

Let me the first one to tell you that you are absolutely beautiful and I bet if we saw those same pictures we would see nothing but a gorgeous women!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

awww ditto girlie & right back atcha!...you're so sweet....wish the camera saw that LMBO...:grumble:
  • ali106
    Options
    Yea a month ago I was happy and now I am like ugh what did I look like w/the 13-14 lbs still on me.

PS your beautiful. We R always R worst critic.

EXACTLY!!! lol...ah well, I think you're beautiful too pal...but don't tell the blondes....they are funny like that...not good "sharers" :wink:
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    Options
    Totally understand that. I always hate the way I look in pictures... my body doesn't photograph well. Even my closest friends tell me that unless its a picture that I've taken of myself (face only of course :tongue: ) ....then it doesn't really show how they see me. There are some pictures that I look larger than my mother and I KNOW for a fact that I'm not in the same size she is. Some people just just don't come accross well in phots for some evil reason! :laugh: Don't let it get ya down!
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Oh I hate seeing pictures of myself. "Where did that double chin come from?" :ohwell: But what I do love is running into someone who you truly respect and hear what sounds honest and true "You are looking great. You can really tell you have been losing." Now that is a good feeling. I love being able to look at them and honestly be happy to say "Thank you I have been." The rest of the day you feel good and really feel like man I have been doing good. Let's do more; Let's head to the gym tonight. Those are the good days.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I hear ya
    I am so much hotter in real life than in pictures...LOL
    (JOKING!!!)

I'm not a big fan of pics, even now since I've lost the weight...I think we can't help but be crtitical and over-analyze ourselves

Chin up..you're doing GREAT and should be very proud of ourself
    Keep up the great work

Kim
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I had some pictures taken this past weekend and I look like I weigh 500 pounds in them. I think it was the angle. Definitely possible it was just the angle.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    A relative of my husbands just sent me a picture of myself on facebook, and ewwww all I can see is my side fat. But we are our toughest critics, you are beautiful Ali:flowerforyou:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same about my pictures. I think I am looking ok in the mirror, but then pictures show this huge girl I don't even recognize. I think it's the angles, I don't see how ALL the mirrors in the world could be wrong. Though I don't think other people look different in pictures versus real life, but I figure it's just me being my own toughest critic.
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    I feel exactly the same way. I have lost 33 pounds and I can't see it. In the two pictures that I have posted of me, I do not see that I have lost anything. My clothes fit better but can people actually see it. My clothes fit a lot better, down 2 sizes in pants:happy: .
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Ali, you are breathtakingly beautiful!! So hush it!!

But, I do know where you are coming from. Some angles just make us look HORRIBLE! You are verryyyy verrrry luvverly!!! And I am in awe of you girl!!!

Love and hugs sis!! :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    -Tam
  • ali106
    Options
    aw thanks guys for making me feel better about those HORRID pics LOL......

I like the idea that's is bad angles!!! so that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!:wink::bigsmile:
    I think we all should!!!:wink::drinker:

hugs and thanks again!:heart:
    Ali
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    We are all damn hot..

especially you :wink:

and you :wink:

how you (all) doin' :laugh:

nah, seriously. I have no clue how anyone of us could possibly think otherwise. Even if the camera adds that 10lbs (or 50 in my case :tongue: ) we are all beautiful people and that is all that matters. Remember there is someone special in everyone's lives that thinks you are perfect.

.....my mother in my case :laugh:
  • ali106
    Options
    We are all damn hot..

especially you :wink:

how you (all) doin' :laugh:

nah, seriously. I have no clue how anyone of us could possibly think otherwise. Even if the camera adds that 10lbs (or 50 in my case :tongue: ) we are all beautiful people and that is all that matters. Remember there is someone special in everyone's lives that thinks you are perfect.

.....my mother in my case :laugh:

oh Cal....your mom sure raised you right! :love: AND for that she can visit the pit ....one day.....not now....we'll see....sorry I remembered our last family night at the pit....not a pretty sight...nope...:noway:
    :laugh:
    hugs!!