should i alter my plan for xmas week

I'm going home for Christmas Dec 20 - dec 25.

There will be lots of eating out b/c I miss everything and I want the stuff I miss badly. Should I change my plan to lose 1/2 a lb those 5 days so I can fit in all the meals out?

Please tell me what you think?

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    I think you should just relax, enjoy the holiday week, eat what ever you want (in moderation of course) and then just pick back up when you get back. You might gain a lb or two, but one week won't completely derail you.
  • No_excuses_nikki
    No_excuses_nikki Posts: 16 Member
    I would just enjoy the week! You can alway have a light breakfast and lunch to make up for your dinners;)! I'm probably not going to log my food for Christmas Day. I don't care. It only happens once a year. I'm going to stay way from gravy (so I can have some pie) I'll eat in moderation. But really don't care if I go over my limit. I just want to enjoy my day with my family!!! :)
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    I'm just going to enjoy Christmas and not worry too much about losing or putting on weight. I'll still have a healthy breakfast like porridge and a healthy lunch, then eat what I feel like on an evening for the Christmas week and I'll still go for my walks as exercise. At least I know after Christmas I can go back to how I ate & exercised before and carry on losing weight.
  • emce11x
    emce11x Posts: 7 Member
    I agree with everyone on here, don't over do it, but still enjoy yourself! the main thing to try and keep in mind is workout! go nice winter walks in the morning, or before you go to bed do some light yoga, it may not 100% "save" you from what you're eating but it's keeping your mind on track that's the most important. Don't let it forget it's focus-to be the better you in 2014! and happy holidays!! :D
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 333 Member
    I used to be so militaristic about this for holidays and usually ended as less than planned. Realistically, I found that upping the exercise/movement was the best deterrent. Set a "Get Back On It" date and move forward from there!
  • mojpal
    mojpal Posts: 44 Member
    I agree with everything that's been said.

Christmas is only once a year and I for one won't be counting calories. And one day of being naughty never messed up my diet. The problem is that there a more days like this in December. I hope I won't give in on these other occasions. I will try to eat low carb on these days, I will go over my calorie goal, but with low carb diets you're allowed to eat a bit more. At least decision not to eat carbs at a party keeps me away from eating sweets and snacks like crisps. I drink red wine, coz it's supposed to be better for a diet than beer or white wine. So I guess I'm ready to start to partyyy :) I just hope I'll stick to what I said lol