Things I have discovered on MFP...

Options
So this isn't really anything to do with a success, but I think learning new things about yourself is all part of the journey we are all on.
Some things I have discovered about myself while on MFP:

- I like asparagus.
- I can run 2 miles at a reasonable pace only stopping to walk for very short periods.
- I can pick up a slice of pizza, actually inhale the scent, and still put it down without taking one bite.
- I am strong minded and can resist temptation on most occasions.

Feel free to add what you have learned about yourself=]

Replies

• carrie145
    Options
    Awesome!! I have learned that I do have self control. I used the excuse "I can't help myself" for so long!! Now, I know better! I even passed on a box of white chocolate covered oreos today!! They are like my favorite snack of all time and they come out once a year. When I looked at the calorie content, I put the box down and walked away!! I was really proud!!
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I've learned that soda, is just evil, and I'm glad to be rid of it!!!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    I have learned that I actually do like green beans...but only if they are fresh and steamed. Can't stand them frozen or out of a can.:sick:

I've also learned (well, I've always known but MFP made is really sink in) that people lose weight differently so quit comparing myself to everyone else. So what if it takes me 3 months to lose 20 lbs and it only took "so and so" 2 months!

I've learned that MFP is just as addictive as Facebook. :laugh:
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I've learned that i've got a LOT more willpower :drinker: than i even knew. I've also learned that I can do alot more than I knew i could, gym wise and more.:laugh:
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I've learned

* that some people will resent you because you are strong enough to do this and they are not
    * that food is NOT entertainment, it's just something you need to survive
    * that weight loss really isn't that hard, you just need to want it badly enough
    * that low fat, low cal, low sodium food can be JUST as good tasting - if not better!
  • LindaSueBakk
    LindaSueBakk Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've learned there are a lot of people with weight problems and there is a lot of support out there if you just ask!
    I've learned I feel better when I treat my body right and that's true even if the scale doesn't say what I want it to!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I've learned that I have the opportunity to become healthy,
    That there are many people out there in the same boat as me
    That changing your lifestyle isn't easy, but it's worth it
    That MFP is addicting
    That brown rice tastes better than white rice
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I have learned that it's really not as big a deal as I think it is. No matter what "it" is.
  • Mama06
    Mama06 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I LOVE to exercise and that I don't have to "diet" to lose weight!
  • fitgirl4life
    fitgirl4life Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great post! I've learned that I have to lift weights in order to lose weight...cardio alone isn't enough!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I have learned that some days I eat a *LOT*, but its OK because what I eat now is healthy and fueling my body...

I have also learned that I love to run and that challenging myself to run farther and faster by setting goals and following a training schedule makes me feel SO much better than I ever thought it would. Without MFP and all the runners on here, I would have never accomplished what I have in the last 2 months!

ps. That pizza thing is just crazy. Torture, I say! haha
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have learned to have confidence in myself because I CAN do anything I want to :) also that I LOVE to workout and if I'm not drenched in sweat when I'm done it wasn't good enough.
    And one more thing its not what I learned but when I see my children turn down candy and want fruit instead it makes me so very very happy :)
  • StephanieAnne7
    StephanieAnne7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have learned...
    -Water is my friend :)
    -I can do this!! (With the support of close friends and family i'm discovering anything is possible)
    -Portions are super important!
    -Vegetables can actually taste good :)
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I learned that hard work is the ONLY way to lose weight for me at least and that it's as difficult if not more so to keep it off BUT it is definitely worth every effort. I learned that I really do enjoy working out most days and I'm thrilled that I'm now at a healthy weight so I can enjoy my kids and especially my grandbabies! I've worked too hard to let it all go now!

And, I agree that MFP is more addicting than FB. I spend a lot more time on here than there and I don't even know anyone personally!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Yep liking this!

I have learned
    that I will sometimes have a blowout but I can still pick up the pieces after wards and undo the damage.
    that I love running and walking and cycling and that the feel good hit I get from this is waaay better than chocolate!
    that I feel toxic with too much excess.
    that dressing up is gooooooood and makes me feel hot to trot!
    that looking better equals feeling better and enjoying my life more!
    that i love my ipod touch and gadgets
  • sarahleelee
    sarahleelee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've learned that you don't have to starve yourself or exercise until you feel like you're going to die to lose weight.

Also, I've learned that sodium is evil, I can live without copious amounts of cheese, and anything can taste incredible if spiced properly!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    - I can pick up a slice of pizza, actually inhale the scent, and still put it down without taking one bite.

I can do the same with chocolate :-D
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    i have learned that-
    -i can easily get in the recommended of water without a problem
    -all of my recipes can be made with lower calories and fat
    -its alot easier to workout when you know others are doing it too
    -there are great people out there, with the same goals as me! :)

awesome post :) thanks
  • twnzmom
    twnzmom Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have learned to walk away from all the treats patients and other doctors send us. They are not worth it.
    I have learned to love exercise... who would have thought.
    I have learned to drink water... just plain 'ole water.
    I have learned that on MFP there is the best collection of people in the world so full of encouragement and support.. Hugs to you all.
    i have learned to plan out my food and I can go out to dinner and not blow it.
    I have learned that I CAN AND THAT I WILL ACCOMPLISH MY GOAL... There's no stopping me now.
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Guys you are all amaaaaazing!!!
    I am totally in agreement that MFP is way more addictive than facebook even though I don't actually know anyone!!!
    Water is also my friend and my skin has never felt better=]
    Keep it up you incredible people!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!