How much should I tip my surgeon?

Options

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    when your surgeon asks for his gratuity, tell him...

willy-wonka-you-get-nothing.gif

But what if I need him again? I've got another hip you know, and this is not a big enough town to have two orthopedic surgeons.

in that case, you'll have to move to another province.

it's best not to ever try and cross a bridge that you've already burned.

wait province? OP is canadian...oh well NVM guess it isnt a joke tip him in beer and hockey tickets
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I didn't tip mine, he wouldn't even let me wear my HRM during the procedure so I could log how many calories I burned under anesthesia.
  • sjlawgirl
    sjlawgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well then perhaps dude should have stated where he was that this is common practice. Quite bizarre if you ask me!
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Why would you tip you surgeon? smh
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I would ask around because spitting in your food is one thing, slicing your sausage is a whole different ball game.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Well then perhaps dude should have stated where he was that this is common practice. Quite bizarre if you ask me!

how do you feel about tipping the garbageperson?
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    A good tip is to plant your corn early....a better tip is dont try to stand in a canoe......
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    it depends.....
    will it be a botch job or a good one..
    wait it out
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Wait and see that he doesn't leave any surgical equipment in you.
    All clear ....then give him a go at the gf.
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I really hope you are not serious. I'm sure the hospital bill will be more than enough!!Hope everything goes well for you.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question?
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I work at a surgeons office....no tipping going on here! :laugh: Patients are always bringing in some other type of "gift." Be it food, something they made, etc.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I tipped my surgeon by waxing.....:blushing: You're welcome.
  • sjlawgirl
    Options

how do you feel about tipping the garbageperson?

Who tips the garbage company?!
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I tip the garbage person at Christmas with a gift card in a card on top of the garbage can, and they're always happy! And my trash bins are always taken care of :) I also give the mail man a gift card.

I have never heard of tipping a surgeon. Should I tip my dentist, too?
  • sjlawgirl
    Options
    If I had "A" garbage person and "A" mail carrier like we did back in the day when you saw the same person daily/weekly....I would tip that PERSON. However, its whomever shows up nowadays so no....I'm not tipping a general service company.
  • KindredSouls
    KindredSouls Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    clever-tip-jars-just-tip.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of tipping a surgeon.
  • zilfig64
    zilfig64 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Since I work for Orthopedic surgeons... If you are happy with the office, the way the surgery came out, etc. Say thanks! that is what they want to hear most of all. If your hip is totally screwy and he/she does an amazing job, bring the office some cookies or fruit, or bring the doc a bottle of wine, but that is really unnecessary.
    The best thing you can do is tell your friends, family about how well everything went, and go on-line post a positive review in Google, etc.