Why?

Options
Swoopette
Swoopette Posts: 118 Member
I'm starving today. I was 56 calories under my calories for the day. Is this because my body is so use to eating so many more calories that it doesn't like only eating that little? Yes, I had a coke in there and could have used those calories for food but I only had 1 coke and that is great for me when I usually drink 4 a day. Woke up with a huge headache and feel like being sick (not pregnant my friends) Guess its the lack of food. Yesterday drank a lot of water and starting again today. Also I feel really tired and Im freezing. Usually after starting back walking I feel great

Replies

• Bocch
    Bocch Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    It's possibly a chemical imbalance that is giving you a headache. Possibly you could have a low sugar count which can make you feel sick and give you a headache. The other thing would be a salt imbalance.
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Be sure you're drinking enough water and getting enough iron. A lack of either of those can make you feel tired, headachy, and weak. Eat some spinach - it's only 7 calories a cup and high in iron! I try to throw spinach into a lot of my meals. And chug that water! Feel better :)
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It's possibly a chemical imbalance that is giving you a headache. Possibly you could have a low sugar count which can make you feel sick and give you a headache. The other thing would be a salt imbalance.
    Probably. Hope your headache goes away soon.
    Once you manage to ditch the soda all together, you'll probably feel better!
  • Rosyone
    Rosyone Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Woke up with a huge headache and feel like being sick (not pregnant my friends) Guess its the lack of food.

Or caffeine withdrawal if you've cut way back on cokes. Do you drink coffee?
  • Number_44
    Number_44 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Cause
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I'm starving today. I was 56 calories under my calories for the day. Is this because my body is so use to eating so many more calories that it doesn't like only eating that little? Yes, I had a coke in there and could have used those calories for food but I only had 1 coke and that is great for me when I usually drink 4 a day. Woke up with a huge headache and feel like being sick (not pregnant my friends) Guess its the lack of food. Yesterday drank a lot of water and starting again today. Also I feel really tired and Im freezing. Usually after starting back walking I feel great

I feel the same way when I start back on track.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

It could be your body adjusting. It could also be the changes in sugar and/or caffeine. You might have your calories set too low for your activity level. Or you could be high on carbs and low on protein and fats (protein, fat, and fiber help us feel fuller and more satisfied for longer).
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Woke up with a huge headache and feel like being sick (not pregnant my friends) Guess its the lack of food.

this is what i was thinking...lack of caffiene is a killer for me. I drink 2 or 3 cups of tea (no suger no cream) per day since i stopped drinking diet soda...
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    You haven't really given any information to be able to give you an answer. What is your calorie goal? How did you decide on that calorie goal? If you are hungry are you eating enough? (one of your previous posts said you only eat 1200). Do you drink enough water?
    If you're waking up hungry and with headaches maybe you need to eat more?
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE!
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    If you're used to drinking 4 cokes a day, are they caffeine free? Your symptoms sound an awful lot like mine when I kicked my caffeine habit. I even vomited a bit for the first couple of days.
  • Swoopette
    Swoopette Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1200 calories plus what I walk off. I am only burning about 150 calories a day or so as I am just starting to get back into exercising and I am walking for 1/2 hour or so. More if I am okay too. I drink regular coke and no coffee (hate the taste) . I am drinking tons of water. I had a nap and felt a bit better but now that I am home from my walk and ate a banana I feel crappy again. I am not going to eat till Im full I am drinking water as I type and hope this feeling passes. I am a much bigger person than I have ever been in my life so it is taking a bit to get back on track. Lots of you have told me to eat more. I eat more how will I lose the weight then?
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It is probably the caffeine. However, recent research has shown that almost half of the people with chronic (not that you said it is chronic) headaches have a gluten intolerance. A gluten intolerance also makes you extremely tired - you don't necessarily have to have digestive issues. If the problem persists I would stop eating gluten for five to seven days and see what happens.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    May I ask how big you are? Im about 180 and I manage about 1400-1500 and have no problem with that but I do try to work out 3-4xs a week at least 30 mins or more....Also is it that time of the month or maybe your pregnant?
  • Just_Maddy
    Just_Maddy Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating?

EDIT: I wouldn't recommend to lose more than 1 lb a week as that might set your daily calorie intake very low :(
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    1. You might be coming down with something.
    2. You might be too aggressive with cutting calories- maybe instead of a 2lb/week goal, drop it to 1.5 or even 1 so you can eat more. Remember that SLOW weight lost is the way to go!!!
    3. If you're hungry, drink water and wait. If you're still hungry, eat something- I usually go for raw nuts or a salad.
    4. You may be low on nutrients. Are you taking a multi vitamin?
    5. Are you getting enough sleep?

Good luck!!
  • Mr_Starr
    Mr_Starr Posts: 139 Member
    Options

^ sounds like this
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    If you could open your diary we would have a better idea if there's something there throwing you off. Without seeing that it could be caffeine withdrawl or just the change in your eating habits. How many calories are you allowing yourself? What types of food are you eating now vs what you were eating before? How long have you been at it?
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1200 calories plus what I walk off. I am only burning about 150 calories a day or so as I am just starting to get back into exercising and I am walking for 1/2 hour or so. More if I am okay too. I drink regular coke and no coffee (hate the taste) . I am drinking tons of water. I had a nap and felt a bit better but now that I am home from my walk and ate a banana I feel crappy again. I am not going to eat till Im full I am drinking water as I type and hope this feeling passes. I am a much bigger person than I have ever been in my life so it is taking a bit to get back on track. Lots of you have told me to eat more. I eat more how will I lose the weight then?

Read the links that cmriverside mentioned. Here they are again. You don't have to starve and limit yourself to 1200 calories a day. Some people on this website swear by it, but the rest of us know better. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets