*SHAKEOLOGY*

Options
Ok, lately I have been hearing a lot about this supplement from beachbody.com, so I decided to check it out. I have been to the website, watched the videos, and read the testimonials, however I am not completely convinced that it is worth the money. (I am a destitute university student living off of non-existent student loans). Can someone who ISN'T biased to the product let me know what they think?

:drinker:

Replies

• see_ruff_loose
    Options
    Shakeology is a great product. An important aspect of weightloss is getting high quality nutrition, and Shakeology is just that. However, if the price tag is too high you should never spend money you can't afford. Good nutrition does not have to cost you a fortune. That doesn't mean that you can't buy a container of Shakeology and add it to your diet. But don't go on autoship if you can't afford the monthly cost. Good nutrition is all around you.

Just my two cents worth...:wink:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    It is a $100 a month. If you're having money issues, I wouldn't recommend it at this time. However, it is a quality product.
  • karen1003
    Options
    I too have done a little research on this product and am interested. For those of you who are using it...how does it TASTE??? Which flavor do you enjoy?
    Any insight will be appreciated!
  • dstg3535
    Options
    My friend is a coach on Beachbody and she has been taking it for about a year now and looks/feels great. I have tried some of the samples that she gave me and they taste alright. Chocolate and Green Tea. They both taste good if you add some fruit or yogart. If you want to contact her (not that you know me) I can guarantee that she is real and not just out there for your money. She might send you some samples as well. Her name is Lois Haycock.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Here's my $0.02 on Shakeology as a personal user...I love the chocolate flavor and drink it every day as my morning snack mixed into a cup of unsweetened chocolate almond milk. I didn't like the greenberry flavor however, I know lots of people that love greenberry and hate the chocolate so it's definitely a personal thing.

Regarding the cost factor, which I wholly appreciate, consider what you spend on a daily basis on food and beverages and then determine whether you'd use Shakeology as a meal replacement or in addition to what you typically eat. While the upfront cost might sound like a lot, if you stop buying some of the other stuff you'll probably come out even at the end of the day. A serving of Shakeology works out to about $4 per day since each bag contains 30 servings.

Hope that makes sense!
    Sharon
  • o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I too have done a little research on this product and am interested. For those of you who are using it...how does it TASTE??? Which flavor do you enjoy?
    Any insight will be appreciated!

I love the chocolate shakes the best! I drink them everyday!
  • maurap26
    maurap26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've also been hearing alot about it (Shakeology) & have checked into it as much as I could.. I've heard about the price & I agree with the poster that said "nutrition is all around you"
    I drink slimfast shakes sometimes if I'm going out & can't trust myself around the fast food places. Slimfast is full of nutrition & shakeology is too, I'm sure.
    I know I can't afford the high price of shakeology or weight watchers
    So far I have lost 7 lb. in 5 weeks
  • BeSexy
    BeSexy Posts: 94
    Options
    We just listened to Carl D himself on the coach call the other Monday talking about how this isn't you everyday protein powder supplement. It's whole foods, no artificial junk to make it cheaper. His wife had a huge part in making this and she made sure it was pure goodness and didn't want it ruined to make it 'cheaper' So, while it does run $4.00 per serving, it's nutrition at it's greatest. You can easily spend $4.00 plus on fast food, coffee, what ever, but this will deliver essential nutrition that you can't get in today's healthy foods because of the farming pesticides and such.

Personally, I love it. I've been on it for over a year and I think it's the best! I can tell a huge difference when I don't get it.

I make mine with 8 oz Almond Milk (original) Ice and the Shakeology Chocolate mix. I didn't like it at first but I love it now!
  • toberlili
    Options
    i havent come across anyone who doesnt love it, i have samples if you want some, :flowerforyou:
  • lhaycock
    Options
    I am biased because I am a coach, but here is my story with it. Prior to using it, I couldn't run a mile and within 2-3 weeks I was running 5-6 miles and my workouts were so much more effective. The energy was incredible. Then I began to notice my skin, hair and nails. They were beginning to glow, so much so that my hairdresser started using it and hasn't stopped. I am 46, and am in perimenapause and was beginning to have some pretty bad night sweats...those are gone completely. Almost all of my sweet and caffiene cravings are gone as well.
    I use this as a meal replacement so the $3 per serving (coach price) that it costs me is much less than my Starbucks coffee and bagel or other breakfast item.
    My entire family, boyfriend and 2 teenage kids, drink it almost daily.
    Hope this helps in your decision.
  • Fit4Penny
    Fit4Penny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I would love to try Shakeology as well, but I am not quite ready to fork out the money....especially since I don't know if I will like it. Can you get samples of the product before ordering? If so, how?
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    You can certainly get samples from any one of the Coaches that are on this thread or the MFP board. All you have to do is ask!

Sharon
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I am biased because I am a coach, but here is my story with it. Prior to using it, I couldn't run a mile and within 2-3 weeks I was running 5-6 miles and my workouts were so much more effective. The energy was incredible. Then I began to notice my skin, hair and nails. They were beginning to glow, so much so that my hairdresser started using it and hasn't stopped. I am 46, and am in perimenapause and was beginning to have some pretty bad night sweats...those are gone completely. Almost all of my sweet and caffiene cravings are gone as well.
    I use this as a meal replacement so the $3 per serving (coach price) that it costs me is much less than my Starbucks coffee and bagel or other breakfast item.
    My entire family, boyfriend and 2 teenage kids, drink it almost daily.
    Hope this helps in your decision.

okay now you are just trying to push the product there is no way you went from less than a mile to 5-6 miles because of a shake in 3 weeks your trying to make it seem like a miracle and its not working out is mostly human performance you dont gain 500% results from a shake..
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I am a coach but I'm sort of unbiased because I haven't used the product yet. Of course you can listen to everyone say how great it is and how great they feel but until you actually try it for yourself you have no idea if its worth the cost or not. I agree with the previous posters that said if you cant afford it don't do it BUT if you can cut out 100 calorie snack bags or cereal and milk or other things from your budget because you are going to REPLACE them with Shakeology then you should definitely give it a try. Consider the cost as an investment in your HEALTH not a cut to your checkbook. You pay your doctor, nail tech, hair stylist, trainer, gym, masseuse, etc to look and feel good, why not pay yourself with something that has been PROVEN to yield great results?
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    My feedback on it (I have not tried it) is - my family of 3 spends about $150 a month on groceries on a good month. There is no place in that for $4 a day (x2 if we both do it) for Shakeology no matter how nutritious it is or what a "great deal" "only" $4 is.

Ask yourself - do you spend $ on fast food or Starbucks? I sure don't! So there is no "it's just a substitution for money you are already wasting" argument.

If you have the money, you can at least try it (stay off autoship until you ready to commit). I would think that someday, down the road, should we both be working and actually have grocery money and some spending cash that I might like to try it just to see if it works, since I hear good things about it.

You don't have to have it every day either, keep that in mind.

But don't stretch your budget or spend money you don't have on it, and don't skimp out on keeping fresh fruits and veggies and healthy meats in your diet to buy this instead.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    You pay your doctor, nail tech, hair stylist, trainer, gym, masseuse, etc to look and feel good, why not pay yourself with something that has been PROVEN to yield great results?

HAHA, this is a great analogy... except... I have seen none of these (other than my $35 Y membership) in years (if ever)! :laugh:
  • JLYNNFL01
    JLYNNFL01 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I will tell you that for about seven months or so I have been using Shakeology as a meal replacement, usually for my breakfast or dinner. I have not been getting any breakouts on my face, find my hair is growing healthier and faster. Find that I'm way more regular and feeling full for a good three hours after my shake. Like the convenience of throwing a scoop and some 50 cal OJ in a shaker cup and drinking on my way to work or while I'm getting ready.

I know that there are people that only use half a scoop a day to stretch their bag for two months instead of just one. Or others that purchases single serving packets from their coach so they can do a week or Shakeology a month.

If you have the money to spend on any type of fast food, or pop or junk food or sweet or Slim Fast shake. Why not take this shake that is truly healthy for you, dosen't have all the fake ingredients like other shakes and has extremely proven results. If you can't invest $4.00 a day in yourself, it makes me wonder how invested in getting healthy you are. Especially since their are ways to get the shake for less then $4.00 a day.