NSV- new running partner

Options
My run last night may not have been my fastest pace, longest distance or highest calorie burn but it was my best run EVER! My 9 year old son asked to go with me for the first time. We did 1/4 mile intervals for 2 miles. I am so proud of him!!
It broke my heart when I saw his doctor had "obese" on his medical chart . My unhealthy lifestyle has shaped his past so perhaps my healthier decisions will make his future better.

Replies

• getfit4kidd
    getfit4kidd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep it up mom!:smile:
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    awesome! I am usually a lurker and don't comment, but that's amazing! I wish my mom had exercised with us to help shape a healthy lifestyle. Good for you, mom!
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    that is great! You are setting such a great example for him!
    This will really help him out :)

Thank you for sharing!
  • Changeisachoice
    Changeisachoice Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you! My mom didnt set us up for a healthy lifestyle either. I realize and accept the fact that I have made it okay for him to play video games or watch hours of TV because I didnt want to go outside and play when he did. I was the "fat" kid all thru school and remember how horrible the other kids were. I do not want my child to have to deal with that as well. So glad that we are both taking a step in the right direction! Now to just get the husband on board!
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I ask my kids to go with me almost every time I run. They have always said not this time but I hope if I keep asking eventually one of them will want to go. I would love to get them to start exercising now so they don't go through what I did as an adult.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    You go mom! Both my boys are runners. You'd be surprised how that what you do will rub off on him.

And maybe (just a suggestion - not looking to offend) take him out to play with a mini soccer ball or stick ball with a small bouncy ball or something equally silly. My boys loved when I did this and he'll get breaks and also lots of exercise and maybe see that exercise with you can be awesome!

Really happy for you!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!