How do you like your hot chocolate?

Options
d5d14m66
d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
I like dark chocolate with a splash of half-and-half and a dash of cinnamon, chile powder, and cumin. Yum!

(Does smell a bit like pencil shavings, though.)

Replies

• eyouse
    eyouse Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Half water, half milk, and instant choc in the microwave! And if it's after Christmas, of course I stir with a candy cane! Mmm :)
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    almond milk, dark cocoa powder, a couple of splendas, little bit of cayenne and cinnamon!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Before I would mix with milk, and add lots of marshmallows. Now I mix with water and leave off the marshmallows.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    (organic everything) Milk, Cocoa shavings with Salt & Caramel bits and little cinnamon on top NOM!!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    adding Bailey's Irish Creme makes mine perfect!! :drinker:
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Boil some water. 1 Scoop Chocolate Whey, 1 Packet of Swiss miss, handful of mini marshmallows
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    3% milk
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Years ago I was a barista for Seattle's Best coffee back in NYC, and they used to have this AMAZING highly caloric delicious monstrosity of a hot chocolate called a "coco trio". It was steamed half and half, with white chocolate, Belgium milk chocolate, and dark chocolate mixed in and then topped with whipped cream, white chocolate shavings, a swirl of chocolate syrup, and a Belgium chocolate stick for "stirring".

Serious mouthgasm.

No hot chocolate has ever been the same since..:sad:
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Just like i like my men.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    1 cup milk, 2 spoonfuls of dark cocoa powder, 2 spoonfuls of sugar, a little bit of salt, a splash of vanilla, and a pinch of cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and anise. I have my hot chocolate while my husband has his eggnog!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    adding Bailey's Irish Creme makes mine perfect!! :drinker:

QFT!!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    With peppermint schnapps
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Just like i like my men.

Hot, sweet and in a big cup? :smile:
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Honestly my favorote hot cocoa so far is Starbucks'. I buy their packets from Walmart (or any store practically), and mix it with 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk. End result? Chocolate deliciousness around 130-150 calories. The ingredient list is so short and simple on them, and it tastes like homemade hot cocoa, not the artificial packets you'd normally find on the shelf. They're a little more expensive, but soooo worth it and tastes BETTER than from the store!
  • jenniferarnold619
    Options
    Teaspoon of sugar, teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a dash of vanilla extract and CURRY powder.

Curry powder and chocolate is amazing!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I used to like the instant varieties, but ugh...no more.

I found a "recipe" on Pinterest for Nutella hot chocolate. Roughly 1 cup milk, 2 TBSP Nutella/Nutkao, 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder and I added a dash of cinnamon. Simmer over medium in a saucepan, stirring with whisk.

The recipe claimed that was one serving but we thought it was plenty for TWO

It suggests making from-scratch whipped cream but we skipped that part. You could always add a premade whipped topping if you like.

SO delicious...better than anything I've had at Starbucks in the past when I was a fiend
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Milk, 1 tsp sugar, 2 tsp cocoa powder, freshly ground pepper to finish. Or the Green & Black's powdered chocolate...
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    NO MARSHMALLOWS - insert gagging sound!! :angry: