Healthy Fast Food...

Options

Replies

• jourdanerin
    jourdanerin Posts: 69
    Options
    I eat lunch out during the work week.

I eat Subway (of course).. but also

Whataburger - Grilled chicken sandwich with wheat bun and apples OR CranApple Chicken Salad
    Sonic - Grilled Chicken Sandwich with apples and unsweet raspberry tea (yum)
    BBQ place - brisket (no sauce) and 2 sides of green beans (no bread)
    Arby's - Roast Turkey Salad or Kids Turkey Sandwich with apples
    Chili's - Pepper Pal's grilled chicken and broccoli with a side salad(low fat ranch)

That's about it.

I avoid Burger King, although they do have a new turkey burger that I think has less than 400 calories.
  • jourdanerin
    jourdanerin Posts: 69
    Options
    I would say the ONLY healthy fast food is Subway.

Subway is god awful. What is wrong with people?

Panera
    El Pollo Loco
    Jason's Deli
    Flame Broiler
    Chipotle
    Qdoba
    etc
    etc
    etc

if your so fixed on finding a "healthy" version of fast food then you should probably just stay away. Once everyone realizes that moderation is far superior than trying to eat "healthy" all the time the better off we will all be.

What's wrong with people is we live in places that the nearest Panera, Jason's Deli, Flame Broiler, Chipotle, etc. etc. are @ least a 45 minute drive away!!!

Small town folks have Subway, McDonald's, Burger King, Etc. Etc.

Subway is the best option when given those choices :)

I love Panera! I wish they would build one closer to where I live :(
  • jdriscoll55
    Options
    Taco Bell Tacos & a Churro
    calories sodium carbs
    Crunchy Taco 170 290 12
    Fresco Crunchy Taco 140 290 13
    Cool Ranch® Doritos® Locos Taco 160 350 13
    Fresco Crunchy Taco 140 290 13
    Nacho Cheese Doritos® Locos Taco 170 340 13
    Churro 190 230 28
  • marc_s_johnson
    marc_s_johnson Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Fast food is not supposed to be healthy.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Logans mesquite wood grilled chicken is awesome, or Sonny's grilled chicken breast
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    my favorite is a protein style, animal style cheeseburger from in n out burger. it comes wrapped in a bunch of the most crispy, crunchy, delicious lettuce and with grilled onions and their special, amazing sauce. TASTY! unfortunately, there aren't any (at the moment) in austin where i live, although they are building one soon! at this point, i have to go to dallas to get it!

it's 330 calories and 18g of protein. and you can't beat the taste!

besides that, i second what everyone else has been saying about chipotle.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I'll usually get a turkey bacon club from Tim Horton's without bacon and sauce on whole wheat. I also get the chicken wrap from Extreme Pita - they saute their chicken and veg in water. Chicken salad from Quizno's is also delish.
  • Pnutcashew
    Pnutcashew Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Chick fil a chargrilled chicken sandwich with side salad and light Italian dressing. 415 calories and a ton of yummy food.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Chick fil a chargrilled chicken sandwich with side salad and light Italian dressing. 415 calories and a ton of yummy food.

I use to do that alot...I happen to like their chargrilled chicken sandwich...I always had mine with the smallest chicken soup (a little more cals, and alot of salt, but it replaced the desire for fries easily)...
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wendy's Chili
    McDonald's southwest salad
    Panera Bread bbq chicken salad or french onion soup
    Saladworks-- just about any salad

These are my favorites, but there are plenty more
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Great thread
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I created a spreadsheet on Google Drive with the fast food choices that I usually stick with.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-r6_ZqvOhkWUkZjbTFsalhDUkk/edit?usp=sharing

(You may need to sign into google to see it.)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Whatever I want. I just have to be diligent and work it into my calorie goals for the day or week.
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    Chipoltle salads or Tuna Garden Salad at Au Bon Pain is only 470 calories and it's delish. They don't drown the tuna salad scoop in mayo which is exactly the way I like it. My big let down with fast food is the sodium counts.
  • wheird
    Options
    Whatever I want. I just have to be diligent and work it into my calorie goals for the day or week.

Ignoring sodium content, you can actually find some pretty awesome meals at fast food places for fairly few calories.

Panda Express's Teriyaki chicken, Taco Bell's chicken soft taco, and McDonalds salads with double grilled chicken are particularly good choices.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    my go-to fast food is taco bell.

6-pack of crunchy tacos for right around 900cals.
    load em up with fire sauce, and pair with a cheap shiraz. *swoon*
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    They all have salads now... Just saying...

That's true, but it doesn't mean it's healthy. It's good to get a look at the nutrition info before instantly going for the salad. Sometimes you'd be better off calorie-wise with a dollar menu burger!

Agreed... Some of the salads are 600+ calories ... However, I just make my own salads I want something to satisfy my junk food fast food craving a salad isn't it. LoL

Calories alone do NOT determine how healthy something is. Low calorie doesn't always mean healthy.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

That's true, but it doesn't mean it's healthy. It's good to get a look at the nutrition info before instantly going for the salad. Sometimes you'd be better off calorie-wise with a dollar menu burger!

Agreed... Some of the salads are 600+ calories ... However, I just make my own salads I want something to satisfy my junk food fast food craving a salad isn't it. LoL

Calories alone do NOT determine how healthy something is. Low calorie doesn't always mean healthy.

QFFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wheird
    Options
    my go-to fast food is taco bell.

6-pack of crunchy tacos for right around 900cals.
    load em up with fire sauce, and pair with a cheap shiraz. *swoon*

Chicken soft tacos are like 170cal a piece with 14g protein. Awesome if you're in the mood for soft tacos.
  • wheird
    Options

Yup. And on the flip side, there are many salads at fast food places that are below 400 calories.