How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far?

Options

Replies

• pauldix
    pauldix Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's taken one year to lose 2 stone (28 pound) allowing for a 3 month summer lapse. Which is something short of a pound a week. I'm very pleased with that.

Would certainly not want to try losing more than a pound a week. .Would have to compromise on my principle of always eating things I like.
  • latewinter
    Options
    its not much to shout about but in 2 weeks i've lost 3 pounds :) whoop. I find it hard to reach my calorie goal mainly because im never that hungry lately (i blame the cold weather) but i usually only eat when im hungry and take a multi vitamin. i put all this down to having a good bowl of porridge for breakfast with a little bit of coconut oil in (its stopped my drowning it with syrup lol.

Good luck too everyone still losing weight :)
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I started on 4th June and have lost 32lb in 27 weeks, my deficit is set to 1lb per week - so pretty close!
    In the past I've generally followed low carb/fat or very low calorie diets, I've always lost weight but felt miserable and deprived so couldn't stick with it for more than a month or so. This time I've eaten pretty much anything at all that fits into my calorie limit and I've discovered cardio......my goodness, that makes a difference! Love this site!:heart:
  • Kelin
    Kelin Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Started exactly 75 days ago and down 30 pounds as of this week. I lost a ton of weight in October, then only a few pounds in November, and now its starting to drop again. I didn't do anything different during November, guess my body just didn't want to let it go. I'm averaging a little over 2 pounds per week. I usually stick between 1200 and 1500 calories with a couple days of intermittent fasting thrown in. I don't exercise yet because of an injury. I plan to loose another 25 pounds to get to Onderland and then start adding some cardio and lifting to firm things up and loose my remaining weight.
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I started 101 days ago. I've lost 21 lbs, which I think that roughly does come out to my goal of 1.5 lbs per week. I maintained over Thanksgiving week too. I weigh myself daily and also take averages per week to keep an eye on loss trends overall.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I started at the beginning of September. I'm just over half way to my goal.
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It took me 2.5 years to lose 50 pounds and I have recently gained a couple back, which is my normal. I'll drop below my last low and then put on a couple more, and continue this pattern over and over. I'm a very slow loser because of this.
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    i started dec 12, 2011 at 327lbs. im just a few days away from 2 years.. with a loss of about 150lbs. i weigh 176lbs today. so i think that averages about 1.4lbs a week.. i dont personally care about the rate it comes off... as you cant control it really. and the slower it takes the more chance your skin can bounce back.

its all really about figuring out how many calories your body actually and personally uses. mfp is a great guide to start out with. but googling calorie calculators like scooby's workshop (http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/) help you alot better to eat the proper amounts so that your metabolism works well.
  • KellyJean73189
    Options
    Hi-

I have lost 32-34lbs since end of June 2013. I find that I was losing about 2-3lbs per week for the first few weeks and then that slowly tapered off once i reached my healthy goal weight. I think it is important to tell you that i am 5'7 and started at 170lbs but now weigh 137lbs, as the amount of weight you lose in a month is going to look very different depending on how much weight you have to lose still. (Example: I watch the biggest loser, and it is totally normal for them to lose 20-30lbs in one week during the first few weeks on the ranch; however, most contestants start at 200-300 plus pounds; therefore, they have a higher percentage of body weight to lose, so it is to be expected that they will take off more weight in a shorter period of time. Good luck to you:)
  • tjack25
    tjack25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    10 Months to lose 62. I started February 2013
  • gossipkween
    gossipkween Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    10 months to lose roughly 20 lbs. im pretty thin now and am trying to lose that layer of fat on my arms and legs. ive also had vacations in between as well as weekends of junk food and cocktails. im happy with my progress, and although it couldve been faster (especially if i cut off drinking!) this is way more sustainable for me in the long run.
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP in September of 2012, but seriously started losing on January 14th, 2013. It's taken me 11 months to lose 42 pounds and I have 8 pounds to go until my goal weight! Hoping to get it by my one year fit-versary but if it takes me a couple extra weeks I'm okay with that.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Been at it for 19 months now with some breaks and a lot of holidays included, slow and steady :)
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I started in August 2012.. so about 80 pounds in around 16 months.
  • kikisalander
    kikisalander Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 18 after about a two months. It might've been a little longer than that because I didn't start tracking and seriously paying attention until I had lost around 5 or so.
  • zombiesalad
    zombiesalad Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    About 4-5 months to lose 13 pounds, or almost half of it.

It's really, really slowed down now that I'm within 15 pounds of goal.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    6 months tomorrow.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I started around July 13-15. I'm not sure though. I did an 8 day juice fast as I know it would give me the mental boost and results that I was going to need if I was going to succeed. I would not suggest this as a method to get started, but it helped me to get started. I then just watched what I was eating and started going to the gym. In mid-August I started with MFP. The rest, as they say, is history.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    It will be one year on January 7th 2014...I've lost 45lbs so far and 16 inches.

I'd be done by now if I had bought the food scale sooner...blah.
  • blindcode
    Options
    6 mos