choking down protein shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• BaoCat
    BaoCat Posts: 42
    Options
    unsweetened vanilla coconut almond milk. Makes it all taste better. With 1 scoop Isopure zero carb vanilla and 1 T SF Almond syrup.

Fruit (especially banana for some reason) is awesome. Banana and peanut flour? Mmmm.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    If you have to "choke it down" don't eat it. Seriously dieting doesnt' have to be that hard.
  • subsonicbassist
    subsonicbassist Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    3 Pitta bread and a small Korma-65g protein. Too much protein and your liver works overtime. Be kind to your liver, it does a massive job, looking after your body every day. Just saying.

Pretty sure protein shakes won't kill you. Of course, how would I know? I only have 3 scoops of whey a day.... also, not everyone needs the extra carbs or fats from bread and prefer a more isolated protein source
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    When I drink them, I make a little sauce from Hershey's unsweetened cocoa to add to it. Then I have to sweeten it up. Never thought of chocolate sauce.
  • movinghelpers
    Options
    I loveeeeee protein shakes. i use optimum nutrition double rich chocolate.on occasion i will buy the walmart brand body fortress chocolate. its actually great tasting for a cheap brand and does the job. the only downside is its got high cholest. so if ur worried about that then stick with other brands.if you have a little blender just throw in the blender for 10 seconds. you might like the way they taste better. i put coffee in mine. gives it a mocha flavor and i throw a banana and some honey in mine for post workout. you just have to experiment to find a combination you like. frozen berries are good to put in it. you can use 1% milk or skim milk. i just use water or coffee
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I go with the chocolate flavored powder and add 1/2 banana, a little ice, and then either 1/2 cup 1% fat milk or 1/4 - 1/2 cup non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt. Then however much water it takes to fill the Magic Bullet jar.

I'm hopelessly addicted.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    What good is a Protein shake going to do for you after a work out? It takes 3+ hours for it to become bio available to your system. My person showed me what he called the ROLLS ROYCE of Protein. He tells the guys who drink whey that they are driving a YUGO and sometimes its OK,. but when you want your body at its optimum, PROBITA is the Protein. Its a Collagen Protein that is already bio-identical to your body and Protein absorption is measured in a science term called DALTONS. PROBITA has the highest Dalton rating of any Protein on the planet.

The delivery system into your body is not a stupid shake. Its a chewable cube like a Starburst. Two cubes equal a 16 ounce glass of whey. The flavor is fresh berries and Chocolate.

Plus, the whey takes 3+ hours to digest and START to be absorbed. PROBITA is being absorbed the minute you start chewing it, as it is BIO-IDENTICAL TO YOUR BODY. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=l5DC91JegGg That means you can chew 2 cubes just before your work out and its being used by you body. Probita also inhibits Lactic Acid, which is the endurance athlete's worst enemy. You can run longer and harder, cycle longer and harder, row longer and harder... and you can chew more of it as its PORTABLE, unlike a shake...

I didn't read anything your wrote after you said, "My person showed me..."

ETA: I've never heard of this product but the website doesn't look very reputable.... http://probitachews.com/
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    What good is a Protein shake going to do for you after a work out? It takes 3+ hours for it to become bio available to your system. My person showed me what he called the ROLLS ROYCE of Protein. He tells the guys who drink whey that they are driving a YUGO and sometimes its OK,. but when you want your body at its optimum, PROBITA is the Protein. Its a Collagen Protein that is already bio-identical to your body and Protein absorption is measured in a science term called DALTONS. PROBITA has the highest Dalton rating of any Protein on the planet.

The delivery system into your body is not a stupid shake. Its a chewable cube like a Starburst. Two cubes equal a 16 ounce glass of whey. The flavor is fresh berries and Chocolate.

Plus, the whey takes 3+ hours to digest and START to be absorbed. PROBITA is being absorbed the minute you start chewing it, as it is BIO-IDENTICAL TO YOUR BODY. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=l5DC91JegGg That means you can chew 2 cubes just before your work out and its being used by you body. Probita also inhibits Lactic Acid, which is the endurance athlete's worst enemy. You can run longer and harder, cycle longer and harder, row longer and harder... and you can chew more of it as its PORTABLE, unlike a shake...

I didn't read anything your wrote after you said, "My person showed me..."
    tumblr_inline_mjejfkndvN1qz4rgp.gif
  • sineanbroc
    sineanbroc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Protein absorption is measured in a science term called DALTONS. PROBITA has the highest Dalton rating of any Protein on the planet.

FALSE!

Daltons are a measure the mass of a molecule, in proteins, the larger the dalton value, the longer the length of the protein chain in it's primary configuration, Basically it contains more amino acids (good or bad). The size of a protein has absolutely no effect on how it is processed by the body.....

SOURCE:
    I am a biochemistry postgrad and for those that would rather trust a book... http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/dalton?q=Dalton
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options

To LOVEMYVISI:
    BOOOO!! This site has policies against marketing yourself and your products. PLUS I DO NOT APPRECIATE RECEIVING AN UNSOLICITED PRIVATE MESSAGES FROM YOU ATTEMPTING TO SELL YOUR SNAKE OILS!! CEASE THIS BEHAVIOR!!!

I did not join this community to be bombarded by sales people disguised as ... well whatever you are trying to disguise yourself as ...
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    For optimum endurance, eat Fyffes, and burn 2000 kcal a day like I do :drinker:
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Please stop quoting LoveMyVisi. Just report them for selling and block them. Quoting gives some form of credibility, even when you provide evidence why it's wrong.
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Some of these sound great!!! Thanks
  • kwistofoo
    Options
    Probita is now exclusively my post-workout protein. I love not having to carry a water bottle plus a shaker everywhere!

My apologies for the previous poster who used this forum as a sales pitch. The website they provided was their own sales site, the company web site is www.visi-global.com. They also referred to Dalton's incorrectly. The term they should have used is NPU or net protein utilization. Probita has a near 100% NPU and is also 100% bio-identical, which no whey/soy/pea protein can claim.

Anyhow, I'm not going to try to sell anyone on it, but I wanted to clear up what was posted earlier. You all know how to use google, if you want to look up more information about collagen protein, or Probita specifically.
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I use mine in a different way.

As a morning on the go meal when I have no time, I make Bulletproof Coffee (2 tbs Coconut Oil, 1 tbs Butter, Coffee), 1 scoop of Choc protein powder, 1 tbs Flax meal. Whiz it up in a blender and you have a Hot Mocha Thickshake that will keep you full and on the go until mid afternoon!
  • marceyabrons
    marceyabrons Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The best flavor I have found and I have tried tons is Intek Evolution any flavor! And Cellucor Cor-Fetti. So delish
  • ElectroJay
    ElectroJay Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Mine tastes great. I use a Nutri Bullet and have 1 to 2 servings per day.

half bullet of baby spinach
    1 scoop oOptimum Nutrition Whey Protein Isolate (extreme milk chocolate)
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 banana
    1/3 cup frozen blueberries (far better than using raspberries or strawberries as these leave pits, making the last portion of the shake a pain in the butt to drink)

= 233 calories, 27g protein