Greek Yogurt + ranch seasoning...omg

Options

Replies

• yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Hahah just thought I would let everyone know HOW AMAZING nonfat plain greek yogurt (I like Oikos) mixed with hidden valley ranch seasoning is. Seriously. I had used greek yogurt + sriracha a lot (reminds me of spicy mayo) but I was crazing ranch with veggies.....instead I mixed in a little bit of a packet (do how much you want) into a cup of greek plain yogurt...

AMAZING.

My southern craving for ranch is now satisfied. I am pretty happy :)

Hidden Valley also makes a variety called Fiesta Ranch that adds a wonderful kick to your Greek yogurt. We like it even better!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Hahah just thought I would let everyone know HOW AMAZING nonfat plain greek yogurt (I like Oikos) mixed with hidden valley ranch seasoning is. Seriously. I had used greek yogurt + sriracha a lot (reminds me of spicy mayo) but I was crazing ranch with veggies.....instead I mixed in a little bit of a packet (do how much you want) into a cup of greek plain yogurt...

AMAZING.

Hidden Valley also makes a variety called Fiesta Ranch that adds a wonderful kick to your Greek yogurt. We like it even better!

between these ideas and the overnight oatmeal i have planned i may have to buy greek yogurt by the gallon!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Also great...Greek yogurt mixed with a little balsamic vinegar and/or mustard.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

AMAZING.

Yeah, that is a good recipe...
    My wife has been doing that for a while for a veggie dip.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I mixed it with steamed veggies and it was AWESOME. I even added some sriracha (cause I LOVE it spicy!) and it was fantastic. I have never cooked with greek yogurt before but that is an interesting idea...mmmm might have to try that out! I know some people put mayo on chicken and then bread crumbs, I don't see why you couldn't do the same with greek yogurt and have a lot more protein. Thanks for the idea!

YUM. Sriracha is so good. Our bottle is almost empty -- must buy new soon!
  • Jewlz280
    Options
    Of course you could cook with it :), Indian cuisine use lots of yogurt for marinading the meat and also to thicken curries.

And what's sad is I love Indian food so I should know this! LOL
  • Jewlz280
    Options
    I love it. Try it with a couple teaspoons of dry lipton onion soup mix. It tastes just like onion dip.

It's official -- I love this thread! OHTHENOMZ!!!!!!!!!!!
  • beckyzalldat
    beckyzalldat Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I so want to go to the store and try this!! I miss dips lol plus for the holidays it would be great!! I wonder how onion dip would taste with the yogurt??
  • grillingirl
    grillingirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt has replaced mayo in my house! I put any sort or dry seasoning mix (moroccan seasoning is my fav at the moment) on chicken & salad etc.
    GY mixed with a bit of crushed garlic and lemon juice is good too.
    Mixed with tandoori paste it makes a great marinate for chicken... the list goes on!
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    bump. so many great ideas. yum!!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I love it. Try it with a couple teaspoons of dry lipton onion soup mix. It tastes just like onion dip.

OH THANK YOU wow!! I am excited about greek yogurt now hahahah
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options

OMGOMGOMG all teh ideas...this thread is GOLD!!!!!!

:) Just thinking the same thing!
  • alhumphreys
    alhumphreys Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yum !! Trying this !!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt ( or any plain yogurt, doesn't have to be Greek ) with boiled potatos (with skins) - mash 'em up like mashed potatoes. Add some seasoning - I use Mrs Dash and pepper.

Maybe add a little crumbled bacon or shredded cheese. Dinner. Bam...even better with a side of chicken with BBQ sauce or a burger patty.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh! God yes. I discovered this on thanksgiving and I've eaten it a million times since then. My favorite Greek yogurt is Fage. It's much thicker than any other brands I've tried.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Nonfat plain Greek yogurt is a freakin' MIRACLE! So far I've only substituted it for sour cream in 2 recipes. 1 recipe was a Corn Spoon Bread thing that called for sour cream. Used it instead. It also tastes exactly like sour cream when used with tacos/burritos. Amazing.

ETA: Sorry Daisy, but sour cream might as well cease to exist.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt :sick:
    Ranch :sick:
    Greek yogurt AND ranch :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • Annieway987
    Annieway987 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and horseradish (the prepared kind in a jar) to taste. Similarly delicious as a dip, on potatoes, etc. This is also good with meats such as steak or roast beef (like the creamy horseradish sauce you get in restaurants sometimes with prime rib).
  • Bellasarah28
    Bellasarah28 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I NEVER would have thought to use Greek yogurt in place of anything! haha You guys are awesome! Thanks for sharing.