How do you like your hot chocolate?

Replies

• red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    After 8 hot chocolate made with milk. Not to be blasphemous but i dont like marshmallows
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    I found Republic of Tea's Double Dark Chocolate Mate, which is technically a tea, but with just a Tbsp of almond milk it's a great 5-calorie alternative. It also has about as much caffeine that as a cup of coffee, so I actually start each morning with that.

Ooooh I saw this tea the other day but decided against it since mate's usually are waaay too earthy tasting to me. I think I will try this out next time!

Tesco does a nice chocolate tea as well that's just black tea with cocoa nibs and vanilla.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    with cornmeal and cinnamon, it's called atole/champurrado depending where you're from. it's yum. :heart: :drinker:
  • lillivewire87
    lillivewire87 Posts: 103 Member
    Half water, half unsweetened vanilla almond milk, with a splash of sugar free peppermint syrup.

If I am feeling really indulgent we go all out with real whipped cream and some green and red sprinkles.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Single and employed! :laugh:
  • Vanilla soy milk + cocoa powder with a candy cane on the side.:>
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Half and half (or milk if poverty chocolate), dark cocoa powder, butter, and cinnamon.
    :noway: butter?!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Mexican hot chocolate either Ibarra or Abuelita. Melt the chocolate down in water & add milk. Yum!!:smooched:

oh delish
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Single and employed! :laugh:
    heh
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    From Whole Foods with Rice Dreams and truvia.
  • ninu13
    ninu13 Posts: 196 Member
    Skim milk,Chocolate Abuelita (Mexican chocolate) and cinnamon Yummy!!! :drinker:
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Just like i like my men.

Lol! Straight!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    I found Republic of Tea's Double Dark Chocolate Mate, which is technically a tea, but with just a Tbsp of almond milk it's a great 5-calorie alternative. It also has about as much caffeine that as a cup of coffee, so I actually start each morning with that.

Ooooh I saw this tea the other day but decided against it since mate's usually are waaay too earthy tasting to me. I think I will try this out next time!

I'm loving most all of their flavors. I drink it all day, and it curbs cravings--this from someone who didn't like tea really at all previously. They also have strawberry chocolate, coconut cocoa (a fave), peppermint chocolate...you get the idea. I also drink their "Get some Zzzs" before bed. My husband has joined me in an evening cup and just last night commented that he really likes the tea routine. (He's not actively trying to lose weight, but his alternative would be a lot of ice cream.) Don't get me wrong, it's not a luscious cup of hot chocolate, and it took a couple of cups get used to the mate. But the little bit of almond milk changed everything. (Most flavors I drink plain though.)
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Years ago I was a barista for Seattle's Best coffee back in NYC, and they used to have this AMAZING highly caloric delicious monstrosity of a hot chocolate called a "coco trio". It was steamed half and half, with white chocolate, Belgium milk chocolate, and dark chocolate mixed in and then topped with whipped cream, white chocolate shavings, a swirl of chocolate syrup, and a Belgium chocolate stick for "stirring".

Serious mouthgasm.

No hot chocolate has ever been the same since..:sad:

Oh man I remember these. I used to get them at Borders. They were absolutely sinful. :o

I gotta say I make a pretty mean hot chocolate at home though - I think it even tops it!
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Instant creamy hot chocolate powder, 1/2 - 3/4 scoop vanilla whey powder, mix to remove any potential lumps, stir in some cream to make a paste, add hot water and enjoy. Yummmmm!
  • zombieman72
    zombieman72 Posts: 15 Member
    this may sound gross to some of you but i like 1 pack of swiss miss and cinnamon in mine but the base has to be egg nog. other then that any hot chocolate is good for me :)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    I used to like the instant varieties, but ugh...no more.

I found a "recipe" on Pinterest for Nutella hot chocolate. Roughly 1 cup milk, 2 TBSP Nutella/Nutkao, 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder and I added a dash of cinnamon. Simmer over medium in a saucepan, stirring with whisk.

The recipe claimed that was one serving but we thought it was plenty for TWO

It suggests making from-scratch whipped cream but we skipped that part. You could always add a premade whipped topping if you like.

SO delicious...better than anything I've had at Starbucks in the past when I was a fiend

I am so going to make this.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    I love full fat milk, with darker chocolate and orange syrup. Yum.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,211 Member
    With one mini peppermint patty melted into it. YUMMY!
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Instant ;)

i used to have semi or skimmed milk and cadbury's hot choc. Now i tend to just have options or cadburys' instant.