High calorie amount in my Coffee

Options

Replies

• Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you just don't like coffee. Try a caffeine pill instead. Or a soda.
  • DesireeNL
    DesireeNL Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You could start by replacing the sugar with splenda and the whole milk with skim. If you like the chocolate flavor maybe add a spoon of Nesquick?

I used to drink mine with 2 spoons of sugar and milk too. When I realized that it adds up pretty quickly if you drink several cups a day, I replaced the sugar with sweeteners. First two tablets, then just one. And eventually I cut it out all together. The milk too. I've been drinking my coffee black for a couple of years now. It's a matter of getting used to it. I now actually dislike sweetness in my coffee.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    You know, you don't HAVE to drink coffee!?!? Just don't...and btw, soda is not a suitable replacement...sheesh!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I have recently just started drinking coffee. So I was messing around until I found something I like. Sheetz house blend coffee, sugar, whole milk and chocolate cream flavor creamer. I cant stand the bitter taste of coffee so I need to add milk, creamer and sugar. However, I then realized that I changed a 10 - 15 calorie drink into 342 calories??? WOW

Any ideas on how to lower the calories and still taste like hot chocolate? Or just stick with a can of soda (150 calories):ohwell: ?

if you had to add all that why even drink coffee? its really not even coffee anymore …its warm coca beans with a crap ton of sugar and cream….

This...just go ahead and have a soda...I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here.Sugar is sugar whether you're having it in a soda or dumping it into your coffee.

Personally, I'd just buy a better coffee and have it black or with just a splash of milk. good coffee rocks...****ty coffee is ****ty....

I second (well I guess third this) I started off drinking mostly crap with a dash of coffee.

I now drink coffee with a dash of milk and that's it. The TYPE of coffee- is very important.

I concure- chitty coffee is chitty coffee for sure.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    You know, you don't HAVE to drink coffee!?!? Just don't...and btw, soda is not a suitable replacement...sheesh!
    QFT, and coffee is not an acceptable replacement for soda!

I love my hot and iced tea with Splenda too, but drinking diet soda makes me happy, and life is too short not to enjoy the things that make me happy.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I have recently just started drinking coffee. So I was messing around until I found something I like. Sheetz house blend coffee, sugar, whole milk and chocolate cream flavor creamer. I cant stand the bitter taste of coffee so I need to add milk, creamer and sugar. However, I then realized that I changed a 10 - 15 calorie drink into 342 calories??? WOW

Any ideas on how to lower the calories and still taste like hot chocolate? Or just stick with a can of soda (150 calories):ohwell: ?

if you had to add all that why even drink coffee? its really not even coffee anymore …its warm coca beans with a crap ton of sugar and cream….

This. Milk and cream is overkill.

You could do skinny lattes that taste and are much better calorie wise. I would do 2T SF Creamer but then a few weeks ago on the road I ordered some Starbucks black and well, I will never go back. :) You don't have to drink coffee if you don't like it is pretty simple too.

Now the only thing I add to coffee is protein powder. Mix in 2-4oz water, shake and add like creamer.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Sugar and cream in my coffee are the ONLY thing I've given up since I started tracking my calories. I decided I'd rather eat, than drink, my cals. Now it's black or a dash of splenda. Definitely NOT as good as my old double-doubles. But still caffeinated, which is the main thing :P
  • revolutionchick
    revolutionchick Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Any reason you just started drinking coffee? If it's the caffeine switch to green tea, which I drink without sugar or cream and still feel the energy. Otherwise if you can't drink coffee black, I say it's not worth it. Don't drink your calories.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee everyday and allow the calories in my day. Wouldn't give it up fo anything. :angry:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    How about diet soda?
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been using 3 packets of sweetener (0 cals) and 3 tbsp sugar free flavored creamer (45 cals) in about 16 oz of coffee (5 cals). I'm good with much less creamer or subbing skim milk though... The flavored creamer isn't a must, just a nice treat lately.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I went from having a shizz ton of crap in my coffee to 1 tbsp of 1/2 and 1/2, 1 Splenda, Splash of Davinci Sugar Free French Vanilla.

Best advice is to buy a higher end coffee that is smoother and crisper without the bitterness. Gevalia is my current favorite.

As others have said, if not just get a diet coke, but for me in Winter time i need the warmth of the coffee
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    A dash of heavy cream. Or, a tablespoon of REAL (not that fake stuff) maple syrup and a dash of whole milk.

If you buy quality coffee and grind it yourself and cook it at the right temperature, you can avoid the whole "bitter/sour" taste you think all coffee has, and it can be enjoyed black.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I take my coffee with calorie free liquid sweetener, one tablespoon of heavy cream and one tablespoon of flavored creamer. I also add one tablespoon of butter. 235 calories of low carb and high fat goodness!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    If you don't like coffee, why drink it? I personally find it to be the elixir of the gods, and drink it black. But if I didn't like it, I'd find something else to drink.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I do coffee, sweetner (not sugar), DoTerra Peppermint essential oil (1 drop per pot), and fat free milk. Tastes like a candy cane.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options

This...just go ahead and have a soda...I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here.Sugar is sugar whether you're having it in a soda or dumping it into your coffee.

Personally, I'd just buy a better coffee and have it black or with just a splash of milk. good coffee rocks...****ty coffee is ****ty....

+1
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    If your coffee is bitter, a) get a coffee that isn't as bitter, or b) brew it correctly. Coffee isn't supposed to be bitter.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Try adding butter and MCT oil to your coffee instead, those calories don't count
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Have a can of Red Bull instead.

Or a Hot Chocolate if you want it to taste like chocolate, and not coffee O.o