Need help with diet, please :)

Hey,

I've done MFP before and I was quite successful with a high protein diet (40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein) and lots of exercise. I used to eat around 1500 cal. BUT I have real problems sticking to a healthy lifestyle.

Now I am trying to lose weight again. I'm going to the gym (weights and cardio). A personal trainer has made an exercise plan for me, so I think that's not the problem). I think my diet is not good enough. I try to eat healthy, but will have a not so healthy snack most days to keep me from binging and giving up. My problem is my body isn't really changing. I know muscle is heavier than fat and I haven't done weights training in a very long time, but I want to see progress and I'm very impatient ;)

Any advice? What can I do to improve my diet?

Replies

• bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    I looked at your diary and it doesn't look like you're consistent with logging. Some days are over calorie, some days way under, and some days with no logging at all. Log every thing, every day.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,141 Member
    Account for the foods you like or are leaving out (no food is inherently bad) so your not tempted in the future to binge and maybe have a less aggressive deficit by a few hundred cals to also help.......no point losing weight if you can't sustain it.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Log consistently. You can eat as "healthy", whatever that word means to you, as you want but if you are not eating at a deficit you will not lose weight.
  • hazardouskys
    hazardouskys Posts: 16 Member
    I've always had the same problem. My workouts always worked for me but i didn't know what to eat. I found a site that offers nutrition consulting for free and he walked me through what a good amount of calories would be for my goal and suggested foods and substitutions. It's worked for me so far... his site was peoplesnutritionist.com. Other than that try experimenting with different foods and really put attention to meal prep so you have things readily available so you won't resort to unhealthy snacking.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Um for starters don't be impatient be consistent.

Here is a great link to help you...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    I looked at your diary and it doesn't look like you're consistent with logging. Some days are over calorie, some days way under, and some days with no logging at all. Log every thing, every day.

This, this, and more this. Also, eat anything you want as long as you're within your calorie goal. There's no reason to feel guilty for having something "unhealthy," whatever that means.
  • racemary
    racemary Posts: 52 Member
    Thanks guys! That's it, no more cutting corners ;) I'll add you all, so that you can kick me, when I'm being inconsistent.

BTW healthy for me is: High protein, little wheat and sugar, no dairy, very few processed foods and as much fruit or veg as my body tolerates - I have IBS.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    maybe look into IIFYM.... i like to think i am fairly healthy, but i also have regular treats that fit my macros... best of both worlds!