Blood Pressure (or lack thereof)

Options
Here's something I thought I'd never ask:

How low does your blood pressure have to be before it's low?

I was very surprised to discover that my bp's now around 100/60 and that's lower than it's ever been to date.

I'll ask my doc when I see him, but that's not for another few months at this point.

Replies

• PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    You're still ok! Mine usually runs around that. One time mine was like 98 over 56.

Mine runs low too though. Congrats on the physiological signs of becoming more healthy! I would ask the Doc what is too low though!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    That is definitely a question for your medical professional. I can tell you, though, that my blood pressure is normally very low - 97/65. So, if your blood pressure is a lot lower, then you likely need to see a medical professional before your Dr. appointment. A nurse can take your blood pressure, so you could just stop by your Dr. office and ask if they could do that for you and then make a recommendation as to what you need to do.

Vickie
  • JForbrizzio
    Options
    When I was an EMT the normal limits were 90-120 for systolic (top #), and 60-90 for diastolic (bottom #)
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Mine is usually 105/65, even during pregnancy. My DRs have always thought that was great.
  • wonrob
    wonrob Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Apparently it is normal to have a BP around the lower threshold (especially in younger people).
    I wouldn't be too worried about it, unless your're finding yourself getting dizzy and lightheaded when walking around and doing your daily routine.
  • turbojanem
    Options
    That is definitely a question for your medical professional. I can tell you, though, that my blood pressure is normally very low - 97/65. So, if your blood pressure is a lot lower, then you likely need to see a medical professional before your Dr. appointment. A nurse can take your blood pressure, so you could just stop by your Dr. office and ask if they could do that for you and then make a recommendation as to what you need to do.

Vickie

i agree with Vickie...you might want to have your doc's office give you a reading or two before your visit. ...since it is lower than your typical BP. ...no matter how low our BP runs for us, if yours is low for you, you need to get it checked.
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    "normal" bp was 60 pounds heavier lol.

And I'm 51, so no spring chicken.

I got the answer tho, I think. I was more worried what might happen if it goes lower because I'm nowhere near my goal weight yet.

I have the dishiest doctor in the world, so no fear that I wouldn't go see him about this :wink:
  • DanL66712
    Options
    http://tinyurl.com/33zpjls

All the answers you need!