evening binging

Options

Replies

• smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I loved your sharing about YOU Jamie. You are a WARRIOR! Thanks for being here for us. Love the tip about mini peppers. I will get some of those too.

One thing I would add here is that YOU are making a choice to not stay in bed. You have feelings and unfortunately a lot of challenges to stay healthy right now. You have a BIG HEART and you are not forgetting to love yourself. I love the will to refuse to let yourself give up!

Once I had a similar choice to make, and I heard in my mind a voice reminding me that there was a 12 step group meeting. And instead of driving off the side of the road and crashing, I drove home and looked up the times of the meetings. Took myself down there. I said to myself that I am not going to go like that!

Good for YOU!! Thanks again for being here and helping us see the light :heart:
  • smilesback
    Options
    PS I didn't have to look too deep to find out what was wrong with me. It kept coming up, everything I missed, and I started putting the puzzle pieces together. I started seeing the big picture and then I got straight with my faith and what I believe. I found peace of mind inside, and now no matter how my feelings drive me around the bend, no matter what life has in store for me to deal with, there is a place inside me that I go that can have peace, knowing, accepting, understanding and loving who I am. That's where it starts and ends, for me, living in my own skin, and being grateful for another day, a second chance. Hope everyone knows they are worth a second chance at loving themselves and life. We love you too! Let someone know how you feel.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    You do realize that this is a thread, right? Groups and threads are different.
  • 86myHeadache
    86myHeadache Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I got my carrots tonight after reading this thread last night. Thanks :)
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    I am a night binger as well. But, instead of fighting it, I learned to accommodate it. I save about 300 or 400 calories for a snack around 8 ;30 - 9:30. Worked for me
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I started to read a book, the author says stress is a big factor that derails us from our goals. This is so true to me, I used to beat myself up for breaking my diet, but it was really stress that drove me to eat 4,000 calories in one sitting, no joke.

I'm trying now to consciously live more stress free, and assess my true hunger level, then eat.
    I used to eat all the time without being hungry, then binges would put me way over my calorie goal.
    I guess I just wanna add to other posts, that there are truly underlying factors we need to address below the surface.

For me, I always ate crap and I think binges were my body's way of asking for real energy. Now that I'm eating a bit more balanced, binges still come to my mind, but not as powerful.
    Love to all! and strength more than anything!
    xo
  • jamie88moore
    jamie88moore Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    whatever this is im just here to talk...I started the thread that's all!!!
  • jamie88moore
    Options
    someone had just asked me if I knew this was a thread not a group....ummm I love it whatever it is and would love who ever wants to me my support and me yours...send me a friend request!!!!
  • smilesback
    Options
    I am feeling a bit embarrassed as to writing so much here when I posted earlier, sorry.
  • smilesback
    Options
    You do realize that this is a thread, right? Groups and threads are different.

DId you mean it should be short when it is on a thread or what?
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have had a severe problem with the evening bingeing most of my adult life. I found out I was allergic to wheat, and after a really hard struggle to give it up, my night time cravings and bingeing vanished. I have been wheat and binge free for months now. Just thought I would share in case it might help someone else. It's like I'm a different person.

Really? I have not heard about wheat causing binging...I have been working on giving up wheat and sugar because I know they are triggers, but I never thought about being allergic to wheat (kinda makes sense, I thought it was sugar)....interestingly enough though I often get headaches and a stiff neck when I eat sugar, but it is usually paired with wheat so who knows...very interesting.

I have a naturopathic doctor. She tested me for food sensitivities (allergies, but not anaphylaxis type immune response). Wheat, dairy, and eggs all came up, as well as some other things I really enjoy. I asked her why I would crave these things when I am reacting to them. She explained that part of the reaction is an endorphin release which would create a mildly euphoric feeling. It makes sense, but cutting out the very things I crave has been very difficult. She has said to limit these things to not more than every 4 days, and after some time away from them, they can be reintroduced once the IGG antibodies have disappeared. Unlike IGE (strong reaction) antibodies, the newly formed IGG antibodies do not learn to react to specific substances from their predecessors. Just some interesting stuff to think about.

Edited for clarity and to add: Great job beating the binge Jamie!

That is very interesting. My night binging is related to boredom and ADD. I have avoided sugar for years and know I can't eat bread. Because of retention not wheat. I love what your naturapath said though. As a nutritionist I am very interested in that perspective and medical doctors have no clue.
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Evening is tough for me too --- I find exercising after dinner helps fill in some of that time void when I would eat crap
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers are the best!!
  • jamie88moore
    Options
    SAY WHAT YOU WANT..ITS GREAT....I DONT CARE IF ITS A THREAD.....
  • jamie88moore
    Options
    PLZ WRITE ITS FINE
  • smilesback
    Options
    Thanks Jamie! I love cukes too :) I also have been putting more spice into my life like cayenne pepper into my coffee and tea, ginger too. Seems to be helping at night.
  • jamie88moore
    Options
    So everyone I want you to know what is going on...I went to Prison 5 years ago and I will have 5 years clean and sober in a month...so my personality is REALLY addictive...my life is so blessed..im spiritual bigtime...I have big house..cars ect we worked hard for..3 boys who love there mama...LIFE IS GOOD...but 3 years ago are family started to have horrible tragedies happen...5deaths that were all shocks and near death and one is going on now with my hubbys mom who lives with us who has been sick for 2 years and its getting worse...I TAKE CARE OF EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING...SO WHAT I AM SAYING IS THIS IS MY EMOTIONAL EATING PROBLEM WITH BINGEING AT NIGHT....I haven't been good...I just need support..Im starting today AGAIN...
  • Werfam
    Werfam Posts: 29
    Options
    I do the exact same thing and it is draining. Tired of it and need suggestions.
  • jamie88moore
    Options
    HI EVERYONE...I AM BACK...MY MOM IN LAW ALMOST DIED AND BOY DID I EAT EMOTIONALLY....iM ON FOR GOOD I HAVE ASKED FOR HELP WITH MY EATING AND I WILL BE CALLING HER PERSONALLY AS MY PERSONAL DIETICIAN AND SHE IS DOING IT OUT OF THE KINDNESS OF HER HEART....I WILL TELL ALL OF YOU WHAT SHE TELLS ME TO HELP YOU TO....I HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL AND WE CAN DO THIS EVEN THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS....!!!!
  • smilesback
    Options
    Thank you so much Jamie. You have been a big help already! Mini peppers and hot tea, this group :flowerforyou: