6,000+ calories a day

Options
13»

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Good point, except I couldn't eat that much on Thanksgiving and Christmas combined!

Not trying hard enough :laugh:

Good thread OP!

I am very lax with food and logging on holidays normally but in general getting out and about and sight seeing etc. increases my TDEE over what it normally is as I do minimal cardio these days compared to before. Typically, lose weight on holidays for me.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    http://t.co/VVXhhC87yA

Short term over eating results in incomplete energy absorbtion.

English isn't my first language and I have a bit of a hard time decoding the scientific vocabulary in there.. can you put their findings into simple terms for me?

They believe only a small portion of excess calories are actually absorbed into the body, during short term over eating (a couple days). But they also believe it makes you unhappy at the same time.

I'm having trouble reconciling this seemingly awesome thing w/ unhappiness.

QFT MTE
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    I gained 8 pounds in 7 days on my cruise. It was the best!
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Our bodies aren't number crunchers- there's more than just calories in/out (though that does play a factor) when it comes to weight balance. It also may have been a good time for a 'metabolic reset', though you did go slightly overboard (heheh). Your body was probably thankful for the refeed, and is now doing better than ever losing the weight because it knows there's no need to worry about starving. There are likely lots of factors involved, these are just a few I can think of.
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm going away for 12 days, so basically I need to keep my holiday over eating to just 4 or 5 days and stay strict the rest of the time if I don't want to gain weight?
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    What makes you think we dont have water retention issues (granted, not as large of an issue as women but still). My weight will fluctuate between 187-192
  • ElegantSlenderChic
    Options
    and here I am 2 months after my vacation still trying to lose the weight I gained in 10 days:ohwell:
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I got back from our cruise in November and had gained about 6 lbs. My caloric intake was probably similar to home except I was doing more exercise as we were walking tons and I carried a kid practically the entire vacation. It was gone in about 4 days. Majority was water weight. I had some puffy legs and ankles when I got home. Back to normal in just a few days.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Must be nice!